Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going to the activity day interview for applicants on Friday... Anyone know what sort of thing they're gonna get us doing?

Hopefully a current student replies and says what they did on their activity day? Or if anyone else is going they might of heard something?

Cheers,

Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbennett)
    Going to the activity day interview for applicants on Friday... Anyone know what sort of thing they're gonna get us doing?

Hopefully a current student replies and says what they did on their activity day? Or if anyone else is going they might of heard something?

Cheers,

Tom
    I'm going to this too on Friday. You going from London by any chance? I've read that they will split us up into groups and get us to do print, radio and tv work...and show our portfolios.

What does your portfolio consist of at the moment?

I also read they don't want school essays for the written side :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice, nooo coming from Portsmouth

Yeah found out a bit about the activities but not too much

Errm got a few pieces ive done for local paper and websites

wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Got some stuff from personal websites and some video work, nothing published by papers though Hopefully, that won't be a reason to not give me a place.

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice

Well although I dont really know who you are or what you look like, i guess i'll see you friday

Or if you here anything else about the interview, message me!

Tom,

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm going this Friday too

They said at the open day that they like us to read a bulletin on the radio, write an article or something along those lines and film something or another! Sorry it's so ambiguous haha, but that's all I really know.

Are you guys nervous?

Tazz

ReputationRep:
    owh i so wish I had seen this before we went - might have been a bit less nervous about what we were gonna have to do!!
    how did everyone find it!? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazz_yerr)
    Hey, I'm going this Friday too

They said at the open day that they like us to read a bulletin on the radio, write an article or something along those lines and film something or another! Sorry it's so ambiguous haha, but that's all I really know.

Are you guys nervous?

Tazz
    Hahahaha literally just logged into this for the first time since I posted this message/thread thing...

Alright Tessa

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I remember talking to you on here now I think! That is HILARIOUS.

HI TOMMMMMMMMMM

ttt

ReputationRep:
    Hey, guys!
    Tell me something more about your activity day?
    Have you heard something from BU since then?
    I received my offer in November and they didn't ask me to go to an activity day...
    Does anyone think BU is his firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have been invited to an activity day! and i have no idea what we have to do

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me how the activity day was? pleaseeeeeeeee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.