Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically i had glandular fever last year so only got BBBC (c in theatre as my throat couldnt talk lol)
    and now my predicted grades are
    A for psychology
    B still for english
    and B still for history..
    my teachers arent predicting high this year cause they feel have be realistic :|

and ive applied to UEA, ESSEX, SUSSEX (which are like ABB)
    and i want to apply nottingham which is aab? is there any point my personal statement is strong and so are my references but still?

ReputationRep:
    Help!!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wud'nt. Uni's nowadays want students who meet the criteria and for those who dont, their probz gonna discard their application..

This is just my view...who knows u might get an offer if u do apply..

where else u applyin for politics??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy03)
    basically i had glandular fever last year so only got BBBC (c in theatre as my throat couldnt talk lol)
    and now my predicted grades are
    A for psychology
    B still for english
    and B still for history..
    my teachers arent predicting high this year cause they feel have be realistic :|

and ive applied to UEA, ESSEX, SUSSEX (which are like ABB)
    and i want to apply nottingham which is aab? is there any point my personal statement is strong and so are my references but still?
    Tbh as you've got some safer choices there is no harm putting Nottingham down, just don't set your heart on it.

ReputationRep:
    You might as well. I'm considering applying with BBC at AS (But predicted AAAa/b).
    Also, I've heard of some people getting offers of ABB from there this year, so you may be in with a real chance. If you don't try you'll never know!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    APPLY! I got bbccc at AS, predicted AAB and I got an ABB offer from them

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's worth a shot, also ask whoever is doing your reference to mention that you were ill over your exam period.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.