Turn on thread page Beta

HELP?! (Social Work + Social Care) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting, as a career to work in a children's residential care home, it's always appealed to me but I'm unsure of how I'd get in to it. If possible, I'd love to carry on in education, so would like, maybe, to go and do a course at university in Social Work. Does this mean I would still be able to work in Social Care, which is what the children's home comes under, or would it limit me to being an actual Social Worker?

Very long-winded, I'm sorry! But I'm VERY confused at this, as well as everything uni! :confused:

Literally any info would help right now, so thankyou in advance!

ReputationRep:
    It wouldnt limit you, but you would be over qualified (and underpaid!) unless you wanted to work as a social worker. You can work in residential care without this and I think you would need some sort of NVQ qualification or similar. So it really depends on what sort of thing you want to do.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can work in a children's home as a social worker, as well as a care worker. It depends on which route you want to go down really, because either job will allow you to work in a variety of other areas if you changed your mind later on.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I've decided I'm going to take a year out, maybe get some work experience and make sure it's definitely what i want to do... Hello higher Uni fees!! But thanks for your help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.