Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm a hopefuly St. Andrews fresher and I was just wondering how often you use public transport for getting around St. A's? I'm just trying to work out a rough budget for living in the town, I was considering getting a second hand bike instead of paying for bus tickets.

Whats the general consensus - take public transport or walk/bike?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I walk everywhere, as nothing tends to be > 30m away. I also brought my bike with me but can't brave the scottish weather, so never use it..

ReputationRep:
    I only ever use the bus for going to Leuchars, and walk everywhere else. I did bring my bike with me but even living out of halls this year, I prefer walking to biking so have not used it.

Generally, unless you live in DRA, you won't need to use buses. And a bike again will make living in DRA more manageable.

ReputationRep:
    For £5 a week you get a Unirider ticket which gives you unlimited free travel round St Andrews, especially handy if you live in DRA complex as the 92 runs every twenty minutes into town from 8.40am until 6pm. Also if you get on the 99 and tell the bus driver you're getting off at the bus station (with your Unirider - free) you can get to Dundee and Leuchars for free if the bus is crowded.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I walk everywhere (I am a bit out of town too) and have never used the buses in St Andrews and I don't know anyone who does tbh (even if they live in DRA).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the input everyone Just out of interest - is there any way to see a list of modules and the timetable for these modules? I was kinda wanting to see which other 2 subjects I could pick alongside history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    Thanks for the input everyone Just out of interest - is there any way to see a list of modules and the timetable for these modules? I was kinda wanting to see which other 2 subjects I could pick alongside history.
    Is this what you want? http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students...ursecatalogue/

if not, just look around /students because there's loads of module related stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magma828)
    Is this what you want? http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students...ursecatalogue/

if not, just look around /students because there's loads of module related stuff.
    Thanks a lot, just what I was looking for I'll rep you tomorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.