Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Physics ISA Help! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Ive got a physics ISA on Wednesday where we made a mass oscillate on a ruler attached to two springs. It would really help if you could give me some topics to revise for or what areas to go around. I really need help as i got a D in my last ISA :\

so far i have:
    % error
    % uncertainty
    straight line equation
    SHM, damping
    Fiducial markings

Is there anything else I need to know?

Help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Basically with the ISA's there is always a set exam style. Each one is pretty much exactly the same. Is this A/S then?

Yes - make sure you know how to calculate the %uncertainty, difference and error, and also what to do if you are multiplying values with errors (Add the two errors!)

Yes, y=mx+c and if you are less confident with maths revise how to rearrange a lot.

If this is A level (not just A/s) revise logs and exponentionals just in case!

Simple harmonic motion, damping, kinetic/ potential energy, I had one like this but about Young's Modulus...

Oh and there may be a question about how you would improve the practical, ie. what could have caused error and thus how you would solve it. (WARNING some ecam boards state that error in timing (ie reaction time) is not a valid answer, go for paralax error and stuff like not considering weight of sellotape etc...)

That should be all. Just remember the last one, and it will be in exactly the same format.

(Source, I just did 3 ISA's in one week, and got full marks in the end )

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Basically with the ISA's there is always a set exam style. Each one is pretty much exactly the same. Is this A/S then?

Yes - make sure you know how to calculate the %uncertainty, difference and error, and also what to do if you are multiplying values with errors (Add the two errors!)

Yes, y=mx+c and if you are less confident with maths revise how to rearrange a lot.

If this is A level (not just A/s) revise logs and exponentionals just in case!

Simple harmonic motion, damping, kinetic/ potential energy, I had one like this but about Young's Modulus...

Oh and there may be a question about how you would improve the practical, ie. what could have caused error and thus how you would solve it. (WARNING some ecam boards state that error in timing (ie reaction time) is not a valid answer, go for paralax error and stuff like not considering weight of sellotape etc...)

That should be all. Just remember the last one, and it will be in exactly the same format.

(Source, I just did 3 ISA's in one week, and got full marks in the end )

Good luck!
    Thanks and yh it is AQA A2. Hopefully your advice will pay off for me as much as it did for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markwilliams_hello)
    Hey, Ive got a physics ISA on Wednesday where we made a mass oscillate on a ruler attached to two springs. It would really help if you could give me some topics to revise for or what areas to go around. I really need help as i got a D in my last ISA :\

so far i have:
    % error
    % uncertainty
    straight line equation
    SHM, damping
    Fiducial markings

Hello hello, could you possibly give me some tips on this??

ReputationRep:
    yerr i did the ISA today got the exam bit tomorrow :/.. i took a look at what you posted and am touching up on it .
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    is the A2 ISA on simple harmonic motion then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markwilliams_hello)

so far i have:
    % error
    % uncertainty
    straight line equation
    SHM, damping
    Fiducial markings

hope it went okay! any heads up for whats on the paper? I have the written part tomorrow :/

ReputationRep:
    guys any feedback on the paper would be greatly appreciated, i have mine this week

ReputationRep:
    THE AQA PHYSICS JUNE 2010 paper ISA

GO TO THIS LINK:

AQA UNIT 3 QP June 2010

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the mark scheme nd paper for June 2010 physics ISA A2 really need it for revision

ReputationRep:
    any advice on what question will come up on the AQA A2 physics isa.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.