Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be angry at my bf? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A few nights ago my boyfriend had a party at his apartment inviting loads of people from uni before they all go away for christmas. There were about 30 people, I couldn't go as I was at a friend's birthday.

He invited his whole social circle so A LOT of girls were there, some of them who flirt outrageously with him every day and I know they like him. I was a bit uncomfortable about them going round to his but I trust him.

Last night I was staying over, he was in the shower and his phone started ringing. I looked at it to tell him who's calling and it was one of those girls. I didn't tell him because I got curious, so I looked through his texts (I know it's bad, but I acted in the heat of the moment). A text conversation came up on her name and it was pretty long.

Basically it turns out he gave her a ride home after the party because she texted saying "thanks for dropping me I was really drunk and you're such a gentlement xxx"

He texted her saying "no problem, as long as you're safe and sound, hope you enjoyed the party "

she replied: "yes the party was really cool I love your apartment although I would have preferred more alone time...I owe you anyway, better let me give you a ride next time " <<< clearly an innuendo

he said: "great glad you had fun, lol yeah it did get a little crowded"

she asks "erm I was too drunk to remember anything, did something happen last night...like between us?"

he said: "TOO drunk indeed! I had to take you to your room you would've fallen down the stairs otherwise. I was hoping you wouldn't mention that, but something nearly did...luckily one of us was thinking clearly lol tbh I wasn't okay with that because I'm kinda seeing somebody x"

she said: "ahh how embarrassing are you? I heard you are but other people say you're not.."

he said: "oh no dw about it, it's okay you were drunk so I understand. Take it from me, I am "

That's all I can remember from the ones I read, that's the jist of it. I confronted him straight after and he tried to turn the tables on me making it about me being rude and invading his privacy. He explained and said that she could barely stand so he felt it was his duty to drop her home and make sure she's safe. He said she briefly kissed him but he pulled away and she tried to get her hands in his pants as well :mad:

He said the text conversation is proof that he did nothing wrong but tbh I think that girl is just one of the many that would act drunk or manipulate a situation to get him alone and try a move...and he should know this and avoid but he still gets involved in them :mad:

I'm angry that she even has his number and why he's texting back constantly. We started arguing and I pushed him and called him a slime ball and left. Now he's saying sorry but I told him I won't accept unless he promises never to talk or be around those girls again but he hasn't made that promise.

Do I have a right to be angry at my boyfriend after what he's just done? It's just plain disrespectful to me for him to be nice to girls that are all over him, he should avoid them instead of offering them a lift.

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketed sunshine)
    I'm angry that she even has his number and why he's texting back constantly. We started arguing and I pushed him and called him a slime ball and left. Now he's saying sorry but I told him I won't accept unless he promises never to talk or be around those girls again but he hasn't made that promise.

Do I have a right to be angry at my boyfriend after what he's just done? It's just plain disrespectful to me for him to be nice to girls that are all over him, he should avoid them instead of offering them a lift.

What would you do?
    don't be such a *****, he turned her down, the text message convo shows him clearly telling this girl he's in a relationship and he's not interested.

you have no right to tell him who he can and can't see, there'e nothing wrong with being friendly with other girls. you should apologise to him if anything, he's done nothing wrong

He pushed her away because hes with you and doesnt want to jepardise your relationship. You cant really stop him from talking to someone and even if these girls like him he sounds like hes not the type to take advantage of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should grow up. You cant go through someones texts and expect them to be cool with it. Yeah the girl might have been manipulating the situation but from the sounds of it your bf did nothing wrong. He was being nice making sure she got home ok.

As for telling him who he can and cant hang round with id stop that now if you still want to go out with him. if anyone told me who i could be friends with i wouldnt want to be with them anymore.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are insecure in your relationship. Stop worrying about what other women are doing and think about what your bf is doing. He clearly says that he is seeing someone else (you). That should be the end of it, but I would also think that if you reacted like this about it maybe he is just not the right guy for you as you obviously don't trust him.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, you're cross with him because you found a text conversation in which he explicitly rejects someone? I think you have things slightly the wrong way round

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well the girl didn't know he was in a relationship did she, so you cant REALLY blame her for her actions before she was aware....

and your boyfriend did turn him down, its not like he was unfaithful to you.

And he was just being kind giving her a lift, would be abit of a **** if he didn't.

And the texts from him are innocent, he mentioned he was seeing someone, so I really don't know what your problem is?

ReputationRep:
    He didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't be angry at him. He had the chance to do something with her, and he didn't, what does that tell you? He's with you, be thankful you have a decent guy.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as if he's being a really good boyfriend. He may have wanted something to happen with this other girl, but he's obviously not the kind of guy to sleep around or cheat. Try not to be jealous or you might push him away... straight into another girl's arms.

ReputationRep:
    I think he acrted prett ywell...my only issue would be you might want to sort out the difference in perspectives. I.e. you're calling him your boyfriend and he's 'kinda seeing somebody'

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you should definitely be angry. He turned down a drunken girl (and presumably a ONS) and told her he was in a committed relationship, what a *******! :curious:

ReputationRep:
    TBF it's you ruining your own relationship. It's YOU reading your bf's messages, it's YOU telling him who can and can't be friends with and it's YOU who is taking this all out of proportion. It should be you appologising, not him and in all honestly, I can't see this relationship working. You obviously don't trust him despite having proof that he rejects this other girl - all he was doing was being a good friend, and you are totally manipulating yourself. This guy sounds really nice, you however, don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketed sunshine)
    What would you do?
    You sound like a right ****, it could of been allot worst, he could of slept with her whilst she was drunk, you should be lucky that he cares enough when he had a open chance. You should be grateful, most guys dont have the self restraint.

Invading his privacy as well, thats another issue, if it was the otherway round you'd be flippin of the walls.

His allowed to stay friends with girls if he wants, to be honest you sound insecure and you want controll, good luck to your boyfriend. Just because his a nice guy and wants to keep his friends, your just jealous that he'd leave for them. He can do whatever he wants apart from cheat, to be honest being drunk and nearly having sex with a girl is as close as cheating it can get, your lucky he didnt, i guess you dont understand how lucky, ask any bloke and they would have slept with her just because they were drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I think he acrted prett ywell...my only issue would be you might want to sort out the difference in perspectives. I.e. you're calling him your boyfriend and he's 'kinda seeing somebody'
    This. You seem to have different views on the relationship

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to imagine how hot you must be for him to put up your **** and then apologize.. Congratulations though you have him thoroughly whipped.

He clearly snubbed her with every response. you cant stop him being friends with all girls and there are always people you dont want to talk to if 30 people turn up at your party

ReputationRep:
    yes.

I mean how DARE he make myself attractive to girls !!

Smash his face in so girls will never look at him !!

ReputationRep:
    Turning down a drunk girl who was game for him smashing her pastie in because he's seeing you. What little integrity he has. Men like him are the reason society is so ****ed up.

Join date + post count = we got trolled :emo:

ReputationRep:
    He seems to have acted pretty gentleman like in the situation, he rejected someone who was clearly coming onto him, told them he wasnt ok with it as he was with you and then even dropped them home because they were out of it . I understand being upset with the fact that something nearly happened between your guy and another woman, but I dont think you should be angry at him.
    Also I think its mistake to start telling guys who they can and cannot be frends with, you need to explain to him that what happened has upset you as Im sure he understands and that you will have something aganist these girls, but at the end of the day you need to trust your guy with them and to make the right choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Turning down a drunk girl who was game for him smashing her pastie in because he's seeing you. What little integrity he has. Men like him are the reason society is so ****ed up.

Join date + post count = we got trolled :emo:
    not always.

new account = bypasses waiting a few hours plus to get approved for EVERY SINGLE POST

that is if you want to be anon. this is "anon" as it's probably someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    and your boyfriend did turn him down, its not like he was unfaithful to you.
    :eyeball:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.