Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing faith - Muslim Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've been slowly moving more and more away from my religion. Right now I think that it's just constraining me and when I found out that leaving Islam will mean that I will get killed.stoned I was horrified. There are a lot of good things about Islam but some things I just don't understand. I'm really stuck on what to do. Any advice? I'm 16.

ReputationRep:
    Remember these Verses of the Quran-

"Whoever disbelieved in Allah after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a great torment. (Quran 16:106)

"How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and after they bore witness that the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) is true and after clear proofs had come unto them? And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers). (Quran 3:86)

"Verily, those who disbelieved after their Belief and then went on increasing in their disbelief (i.e. disbelief in the Quran and in Prophet Muhammad SAW) - never will their repentance be accepted (because they repent only by their tongues and not from their hearts). And they are those who are astray. (Quran 3:90)

What you're doing is not right and you might feel sorry later.You should ask others about anything you don't understand but this is not the right way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)

"Whoever disbelieved in Allah after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a great torment. (Quran 16:106)

"How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and after they bore witness that the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) is true and after clear proofs had come unto them? And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers). (Quran 3:86)

"Verily, those who disbelieved after their Belief and then went on increasing in their disbelief (i.e. disbelief in the Quran and in Prophet Muhammad SAW) - never will their repentance be accepted (because they repent only by their tongues and not from their hearts). And they are those who are astray. (Quran 3:90)

What you're doing is not right and you might feel sorry later.You should ask others about anything you don't understand but this is not the right way.

Why do you get killed for leaving Islam?

ReputationRep:
    'gratz on getting some common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhtar)
    Recently I've been slowly moving more and more away from my religion. Right now I think that it's just constraining me and when I found out that leaving Islam will mean that I will get killed.stoned I was horrified. There are a lot of good things about Islam but some things I just don't understand. I'm really stuck on what to do. Any advice? I'm 16.
    I recently 'left' my religion as well, it's not something to take lightly. If you're in the UK, you won't get stoned or killed (I hope), but you will likely have to deal with isolation if your family are particularly strict about their beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I recently 'left' my religion as well, it's not something to take lightly. If you're in the UK, you won't get stoned or killed (I hope), but you will likely have to deal with isolation if your family are particularly strict about their beliefs.
    They are very strict. I have to listen everyday and they will mention religion every two minutes. Say stuff like it's God's blessing all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you get killed for leaving Islam?
    Islam is no Joke.There is no compulsion in religion.If the punishment for murder and espionage (also known as high treason) is death, then what should be the punishment for the one who disbelieves in the Lord of mankind and despises and rejects His religion? Is espionage or shedding blood worse than leaving the religion of the Lord of mankind and rejecting it?If you leave Islam at this stage , then it is as if you were merely playing around with it.

ReputationRep:
    They are very strict. I have to listen everyday and they will mention religion every two minutes. Say stuff like it's God's blessing all the time.
    That's quite similar to how my family is! But I haven't told them yet.

Just play along for now, it's not worth telling them now since you're only 16. Just consider the issue for a while and see where you end up. I certainly wouldn't listen to people like the poster telling you it's 'wrong' or 'evil'.

I would congratulate you for being able to think independently actually - just don't get scared by threats of 'hell' and such; it will be difficult and sometimes very depressing, but that is the price one sometimes has to pay for being intellectually consistent.

ReputationRep:
    Do what you feel is right for you.

I know the family situation could be **** what with their faith + Islam's dumb obsession with 'thought crime' but you have to believe in what you want and can believe in.

I'm a godless atheist myself but that might not be right for you.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    With the sort of medieval control-freakery as exemplified by our friend Jonathan 3909, I don't blame you for losing your faith in islam.

All religion is man-made. Its sole purpose is to empower the few and control the rest. If you believe in a god it's to that god you have to answer to - not man.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to leave Islam behind, leave it behind. I wouldn't advise telling anyone at this age, however. When you're an adult, you may choose to tell your family, but I would still try to keep safe if I were you.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, wait, wait... you're worried about the punishments set out by a religion you aren't subscribing to? That's like praying to a God you don't believe in.

Do what's right for you, and don't feel pushed into anything.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you can financially provide for yourself before defying your family. Bide your time, and one day you will be free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    Wait until you can financially provide for yourself before defying your family. Bide your time, and one day you will be free.
    I don't want to lose my family. My father and mother will never talk to me if I leave Islam. I can't sacrifice my family

ReputationRep:
    I've got quite a few muslims friends and they get around the problem by faking it. Essentially you do what you need to do just to show your parents/friends that you are a muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Run away and join scientology, that's what i did.

ReputationRep:
    Make du'a (pray) - surely only Allah (SWA) can guide you. Listen not to the people in here but listen to your heart. InshaAllah (God willing) it all works out. Everyone goes through periods where their faith isn't as strong as they'd like....I have been in this situation a couple of times as well.

Sincere du'a asking for guidence is all you need. If you walk towards your lord - he will verily come running towards you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PastryT)
    Run away and join scientology, that's what i did.
    Lol you created an account just to convert people for scientology?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to lose my family. My father and mother will never talk to me if I leave Islam. I can't sacrifice my family
    If they smother you with unwanted religion, then you must at least be able to fend for yourself just in case. Things can go sour pretty fast when belief is involved, so you need a contingency plan. I understand if you don't want to lose your family, so there's no harm in pretending to be a "good boy" if it will make them happy. In fact, I think the freedom and joy gained from abandoning religion is not worth losing your close ones, even if it means you must suffer in silence and continue with the religious rituals you dislike or fail to understand.

be strong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)

DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THIS POST

Its author is sadly deluded. The threats made in the Koran are written by man, intended to blackmail you. They are disgusting and should strengthen your desire to leave Islam, comrade.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.