Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please delete this thread, thank you mods. :D Watch

ReputationRep:
    delete thread mods, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    That's like asking what the best car out there is: depends what you use it for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    That's like asking what the best car out there is: depends what you use it for.
    I've never had a smartphone before, just a stantard nokia phone. I normally use it to ring and text (obviously) and sometimes go on facebook or check email to kill time if I'm on public transport.

ReputationRep:
    if you can afford it; iPhone 4 I was with o2 on simplicity before, purchased an iPhone, called them to change it to iPhone simplicity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    if you can afford it; iPhone 4 I was with o2 on simplicity before, purchased an iPhone, called them to change it to iPhone simplicity!
    I'm on o2 simplicity at the moment, I've been with 02 for 5+ years, so will try and get a good deal out of them.

What do you think of the blackberry torch?

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt bother with a blackberry. good for emails and the like but not for internet.

ive got a htc hd mini, its about 3/4 the size of an iphone, does what i need but doesnt have all of the capabilities of an iphone or some of the bigger htc phones, like using spotify and etc. free with orange contract.

also as far as o2 are concerned, id been a customer with o2 since it was called bt cellnet, a good 10 years, and they had no interest in keeping my custom with a better deal than orange so i told them to go and **** and went with orange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    ive got a htc hd mini, its about 3/4 the size of an iphone, does what i need but doesnt have all of the capabilities of an iphone or some of the bigger htc phones, like using spotify and etc. free with orange contract.
    Although I'd never recommend a HD mini to anyone because it runs the old Windows Mobile. But you can actually use Spotify on it now. http://www.spotify.com/int/mobile/windowsphone/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Although I'd never recommend a HD mini to anyone because it runs the old Windows Mobile. But you can actually use Spotify on it now. http://www.spotify.com/int/mobile/windowsphone/
    Yeah the OS isnt great, but for a general phone user it doesnt make much difference if they want to go on facebook or youtube or whatever.

It doesn't say anything about the HD Mini being available. I read its something to do with the lower resolution, since the screen is much smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Yeah the OS isnt great, but for a general phone user it doesnt make much difference if they want to go on facebook or youtube or whatever.

It doesn't say anything about the HD Mini being available. I read its something to do with the lower resolution, since the screen is much smaller.
    Personally, I disagree. The OS does make a huge difference when it means it crashes all the time (my Xperia X1 used to crash pretty much every day). Plus, with Windows Phone 7 out now you'd be silly to get an old Windows Mobile device IMO.

And from what I can remember, with windows mobile you can just download the cab and install it yourself, so matter what your device. Could be wrong though as I eventually gave up on the platform cos it annoyed me so much.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    O2 don't seem to care about there customers, I imagine because they got so manynew customers when they had the iPhone exclusively.

ReputationRep:
    Budget?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.