Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you hide your sensitivity? Watch

Ok, I'm curious. Feel free to answer anon, just be honest. To boys and girls.
    Do you tend to hide what you might feel about someone or how you'd like it to be with them, to seem more cool culturally, or fit in. Are you confused about it always seeming like someones going to bugger off for more entertainment, you can't be yourself, or they don't want to show themselves to you? When I was younger I'd get a crush on a celeb and imagine stuff like a relationship, because I knew that a fit woman really just is always on the make, I was imagining what was an impossibility, because in real relationships people want entertainment, to use you or you'ren othing type of thing. I think some people kill their feelings as they care too much, like me.

Anyway, just would find it very productive to hear anyones thoughts has has a;ways perplexed me somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

(Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Yes.
    Elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Elaborate?
    Can't. I was just answering the thread title, I can't make any sense of what you were trying to say in the actual post.

(Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Can't. I was just answering the thread title, I can't make any sense of what you were trying to say in the actual post.
    Lots, but some of it was, the women you think are fantastic, you want to care but others see it is a weakness--a) The women who would like it and stay are not as intertesting

b)she may always get bored and be on the make for something different.

c)it's culturally not done

d)there can be bullies and people who act like ***** who convince you that it will always be ruined, it's too sensitive etc

Broadly speaking.

Does it seem like you could do more with women but you are too cynical and feel defensive about being used and showing feelings, so become selfish.

Do you read great longing into women who you also think wont give a ****, even though they are not unpleasant people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lots, but some of it was, the women you think are fantastic, you want to care but others see it is a weakness--a) The women who would like it and stay are not as intertesting

b)she may always get bored and be on the make for something different.

c)it's culturally not done

d)there can be bullies and people who act like ***** who convince you that it will always be ruined, it's too sensitive etc

Broadly speaking.

Does it seem like you could do more with women but you are too cynical and feel defensive about being used and showing feelings, so become selfish.

Do you read great longing into women who you also think wont give a ****, even though they are not unpleasant people.
    Still not really getting it, but in answer to the last sentence.

Yes, I do sometimes really like a girl, but I always hide it because I assume they won't feel the same and would just be offended/embarrased to have me like them, even if they are perfectly nice people.

Is that the sort of thing you meant?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    There was a thread on here a day or two ago asking whether Hollywood rom coms, etc. cause us all to have high expectations of love and relationships and what it is to be in love or in a relationship. I think the points raised on there were very true and it can be quite a shock and quite hurtful for sensitive people when they realise that it's not as simple or idealistic as we'd like.

That said, I think it's quite natural to fear that people may not like or accept us entirely as we are. I think it takes a lot of confidence and security both in oneself and the relationship to be completely yourself with someone else :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No I don't hide my sensitivity at all - I want people to know the real me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I hide a lot of things.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to see the world very differently to my friends, in that I'm often sympathetic to other people's situations and opinions, and I try not to judge people/ jump to conclusions. A lot of my friends get angry about stuff first, and rather than try to argue my point I just make non-commital noises when they start ranting.
    So I guess in that sense I hide somethign akin to sensitivty? But if it was over something really important, I'd always stand my ground.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.