Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of tickets for a popular artist concert next year. The thing is I intend to sell the tickets but Ticketmaster don't send you the tickets until a few days before the concert. Therefore, how do you sell tickets before they have arrived? I'm confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    try selling them to friends or people you know who know someone? and never buy tickets from ticketmaster again :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizzCupcakes)
    try selling them to friends or people you know who know someone? and never buy tickets from ticketmaster again :P
    Isn't that how it works in general though? Don't all places only dispatch the tickets a few days before the event?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but, how can this confuse you? Just... sell the tickets. When you get them, overnight them to the buyer.

Problem?

I don't mean to be a ****, but this really is quite a simple riddle to solve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    Sorry, but, how can this confuse you? Just... sell the tickets. When you get them, overnight them to the buyer.

Problem?

I don't mean to be a ****, but this really is quite a simple riddle to solve.
    Apart from the fact I want to sell them before I receive them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSS-Events)
    Isn't that how it works in general though? Don't all places only dispatch the tickets a few days before the event?
    dunno I live in Sweden :P I've bought tickets two months before an event...the rule is that after you buy the tickets online you gotta go collect them in a week or you lose them.

ReputationRep:
    concerts are cool

ReputationRep:
    EBay. Tell them you've not received them yet, and you'll send them on. You'll also get the money straight away.

ReputationRep:
    How does that make a difference?

You want me to spell it out? Ok.

You're selling online. In whatever online selling service you're going to use, you type the following sentence somewhere in the item listing.

"Tickets not yet received from Ticketmster, will send via overnight mail once received".

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the event/venue as to when you receive the tickets. It tends to be festivals that leave it the latest to send out. I booked a ticket for Iron Maiden at the O2 arena in August 2011, the ticket arrived yesterday. My ticket for Taste of Chaos tour (I went last Wednesday, Wembley Arena) also arrived a couple of months before.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.