• View Poll Results: Winner of Khan vs Maidana
    Khan
    86.67%
    Maidana
    4.44%
    Dont know, will have to see
    8.89%

ReputationRep:
    I just can't wait for this fight to happen, i've watched most of the predictions on youtube so i'm all riled up for it. Most of them saying that Khan will win by either TKO or UD or that Maidana will win by KO in the early rounds and i think that's kind of true. I say it's a close fight. I don't know how i'm going to watch it though because i don't have sky sports, but hey i'll find a way (hopefully).

Just one question though, does anyone know what time the fight will commence?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what time it starts but Khan has been sparring with Manny!! To be trained by Roach obviously means he's going to be so well prepared for this one so I'm gonna go with an Amir Khan knockout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-BRO)
    Don't know what time it starts but Khan has been sparring with Manny!! To be trained by Roach obviously means he's going to be so well prepared for this one so I'm gonna go with an Amir Khan knockout.
    Yeah i know and thats one of the reasons why people are putting their money on khan. Yeah he could go for a KO but i wouldn't be surprsied if he didnt becuase remember Khan isnt going to go straight into the ring and trade punches, because he'll just get overtaken by maidana's punch power. i think hes going to be kind of dancing around the ring aiming to dominate the fight to the end.

We'll just have to see and find out tomorrow at an unknown time.

ReputationRep:
    Have Roach every got his prediction wrong? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    The coverage starts at 2am UK time.

The main event won't be till about 4.30-5am depending on what happens in the undercards

I cannot wait for tomorrow night's boxing! Shame Klitschko pulled out :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Glad someone's finally made a thread on this!

I wanted to know the start time too, but considering it's Vegas and its the last of the brit pack bout, it will be pretty late!

Khan to win for me, Freddy Roach as a trainer, nuff said. He's been working on his power aswell as speed of course, so even though Maidana is a hard hitter, Khan will get the win.

ReputationRep:
    To comment on the fight:

Khan under Roach is a different animal really. If he keeps his focus he should wear Maidana down, though he needs to watch for the big powe punches!

ReputationRep:
    Is it this night, or tommorow night

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if i'm wrong but is the Ortiz fight straight after Khans fight? because if it is, then it's going to be one hell of a night.

ReputationRep:
    Its on about 4am on sunday.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, GSP is gonna own in UFC 124. Be a knockout reel moment here...

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I'll be looking for a good online download. Streams suck ass, they are soo terrible. Won't be watching the news. I ain't paying Sky £20 odd, screw them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-BRO)
    Yeah but he's still got a glass jaw, and he still had this happen to him

One good hit in the chin and he's done, don't rate him in the slightest, I nearly fell off my seat laughing when he said he wanted to fight mayweather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yeah but he's still got a glass jaw, and he still had this happen to him

One good hit in the chin and he's done, don't rate him in the slightest, I nearly fell off my seat laughing when he said he wanted to fight mayweather
    Exactly this, he has a chance to prove people wrong, but i cant see him withstanding too many heavy blows. And considering most of his fights end so early with a flurry of punches, it would be interesting to see him play the long game.

ReputationRep:
    Amir to win!

ReputationRep:
    I hope Khan gets ktfo.

ReputationRep:
    I'd put my money on Amir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamster33)
    Exactly this, he has a chance to prove people wrong, but i cant see him withstanding too many heavy blows. And considering most of his fights end so early with a flurry of punches, it would be interesting to see him play the long game.
    Yeah man I box and the first thing the trainer told me was keep your guard up because the only place you can't build muscle is your jaw, you're born with the one you've got, and Amir Khan's jaw is as punch proof as a piece of crockery

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see a thread for this and wanted to see what people think of the outcome?

Looking at the view in pictures (source: http://www.boxingfutures.com/news/12...ana-weigh-pics) Khan looks more phyiscally muscular. Although they practically weigh the same.

I'd like to see Khan knock the fudge out of this argentina guy.

EDIT // Fight seems late though 3am ish

ReputationRep:
    Khan will own him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.