Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey i have a birthmark in my right eye. i have never heard of anyone else having it there. my eyes are blue with a tint of brown which is my birthmark.

does anyone have it in any rare places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    hey i have a birthmark in my right eye. i have never heard of anyone else having it there. my eyes are blue with a tint of brown which is my birthmark.

does anyone have it in any rare places

I have this too!!!!. My eyes are also blue but its my left eye. I've never met anyone else with it either.There is a medical name for it but I cant remember what it is.

ReputationRep:
    A few members of my family have rich brown eyes with a grey ring around the edge. It looks so awesome :eek:
    I don't know if that's just a genetic thing or a birthmark thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I have this too!!!!. My eyes are also blue but its my left eye. I've never met anyone else with it either.There is a medical name for it but I cant remember what it is.
    hey we have something in common! I hadn't really thought about much but it was a question i just thought i'd post. bit disappointed though as i thought i may be the only one on the planet who has it! but hey no harm done xx

ReputationRep:
    It's not a birthmark, it's called sectoral heterochromia.

I have it in my left eye, although my eyes are blue with a orange section.

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people with Iris Nevus and around 3 with Heterochromia. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    hey we have something in common! I hadn't really thought about much but it was a question i just thought i'd post. bit disappointed though as i thought i may be the only one on the planet who has it! but hey no harm done xx
    I also thought I was the only person on the planet with it

(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    It's not a birthmark, it's called sectoral heterochromia.

I have it in my left eye, although my eyes are blue with a orange section.
    Someone else with it .Thanks for saying what its called, a doctor told me what it was years ago, but I couldnt remember what she said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I also thought I was the only person on the planet with it
    It's actually a lot more common than you think, as some people don't even realise they have it.

everywhere

ReputationRep:
      I wish I had a birthmark :moon:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.