Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my appeal letter after getting sacked -pretty joke,changed the names though... Watch

ReputationRep:
    sorry guys have to remove

ReputationRep:
    lawyers and journalist pls comment -is it too much lol

ReputationRep:
    if you read it ill add rep you last 5 paragraphs are the best i think??

ReputationRep:
    www.mcdonalds.co.uk/careers

ReputationRep:
    come on guys it took me an hr to write this-

ReputationRep:
    hahaa lol

ReputationRep:
    any chance you can shorten it to like 3 sentences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    any chance you can shorten it to like 3 sentences?
    read last 5 paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    Why did you make a new account to post this when you've already posted that you got sacked for playing games while working?

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with the letter, just get another job and don't mention this one on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    It's fired, not sacked.

but generally tl;dr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    It's fired, not sacked.

but generally tl;dr.
    generally what lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon34)
    come on guys it took me an hr to write this-
    It shows - it's horribly long and reads like a chatty story, not an appeal for being fired.

ReputationRep:
    generally what lol?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tl%3Bdr

ReputationRep:
    Well even if you get the job back it's gonna be quite awkward isn't it? (I read it all)
    Unless it's a very interesting or highly paid job I'd advise looking for a new one.
    Those people treated you like **** by the way.

ReputationRep:
    move on mate it's not worth it. find another job.

ReputationRep:
    ive cut it down to last few paras

When I received the warning I could still observe fellow colleagues taking cig breaks and talking in reception but I stayed in the office and when they did pop in they started to become very commanding, blaming me for things which I had not been taught.E.g jess blamed me for not taking the expense sheet upstairs on the first day- I hadn’t done the expenses, I didn’t know where upstairs was or where to go.Im glad that she had this great expectation of me-but when she continued to blame (almost 5 time you'd think I understood it the first time) and became rude I found it quite offensive.

After a while the other 2 colleagues followed the same blaming and ordering procedure (mainly because of my young age and humble character) but I did everything I was asked to do. In my session with adam he told me that they are not your manager and when you don’t have work you should come and see us. adam is so busy that I hardly ever saw him (comes in late afternoon on one or two occasions) and Lola was always absent (I never saw her for a long time). At the time steph was the only person there and I helped her with folders (I know now she is also partly my manager) when I clearly had no work to do.

In my session with adam I told him that I would like to work in classrooms as well : as part of my timetable, and he told me no your put down as an admin assistant and he showed me the contract paper, but he said he will look into it. I even asked lola this as well. The 3rd part reason Lola gave for sacking me is that there were stuff in classrooms that hadn’t been done properly. This was not part of my job role!

It was not in my timetable and I only went in because I didn’t have any admin work to do and so covering for other people who weren’t in, as a favour. I was also sometimes randomly ordered to go in by my colleagues ( I wasn’t going to argue).When I did attend sessions I hugely helped the clients and Christie is great evidence for this as well as Elila who were there. One time I remember going into a session voluntarily (because I enjoyed helping out) and observed how one colleague was just talking to Christie while I was there helping the client fill in the appl form,find where the phone is to call up jobs and finding jobs for them on the computer-you can even go and ask them-they were very thankful of my help at the end , I can provide you with names.

With Lola who was the only other manager that I began to see a bit more frequently in week 2 I did everything she asked me to a very high standard and she knows this.

Yet one of the things she accuses me of is not drying properly the 6 cups i washed for her. Okay a)this is the only thing that she has stated i haven’t done properly,b)I am not supposed to do classroom work anyway it’s not in my contract remember ,c) I asked her where the biscuits were and she said leave it I’ll do it myself but she still says I didn’t do that task properly and d)1 ml of water at the bottom evaporates (its not going to stay there forever, i know this from previous experience of washing cups and from getting an A in A2 Chemistry). If this last reason sounds weird it’s because the reasons for sacking were weird yet here i am trying my best to defend my case!

Finally, I just want to say when I was sacked I was told quote "just leave”. I have never seen anything like this in my life, it’s not apprentice or a TV show, it’s a serious job- at least they could’ve told me to stay on for the rest of the day and not come in tomorrow or sent me a letter. One last thing that I picked up just so that I think Janem was her name, won’t complain about me not mentioning, is that I had an attitude. Now being a naturally humble person who has been invited for an awards evening at my school I think I have the right to question that claim. When she says attitude does she mean that time when I told jess, a very arrogant and autocratic individual after the 5th round of blaming that she should leave me alone to do my work. I'll admit there was definitely a degree of emphasis in it but you can’t be sensitive to that yet not feel any sensitivity to the fact that I am young, still learning (only 9th day) and trying to tolerate this narrow minded and offensive individual.

I ask that you only consider my case and how I feel when after all this someone tells me "it’s okay were sacking a few of the fjf" and how I’m being blamed for their faults when they have been working there for a solid 5/6 months and should really know better. Janem must also realise that I am more likely to follow a fellow colleague giving me continuous commandments than a manager who I hardly ever see and who left me on day one with them. It’s no wonder that even on that cig break for when I had no work (which I thought was everyone’s generalised break finding out later that it wasn’t) that I did not go ask the managers for any work and resorted to the evil act of playing games.

I still don’t have a coherent idea of the reasons for my sacking, all I got was “It’s a probationary period and we can choose to end your contract whenever.”

I hope you see the serious side to my logic and how for someone who has just left school this creates doubtful opinions of the working system and creates a bad reputation for what is supposed to be a charitable company.

Regards,

-------
    Cut the whole "I went to a grammar school i got an a in chemistry at a level" crap, it makes you sound like a ****.

Apart from that, its okay if you *must* send it, I know the feeling :p: Usually it doesn't get you anywhere though.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    It should be far more formal in tone and only half the length. Also, why are you writing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Well even if you get the job back it's gonna be quite awkward isn't it? (I read it all)
    Unless it's a very interesting or highly paid job I'd advise looking for a new one.
    Those people treated you like **** by the way.
    i dont want the job back just want them to knw what everyone else is doing wrong and how i shouldnt be sacked first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elf.)
    Cut the whole "I went to a grammar school i got an a in chemistry at a level" crap, it makes you sound like a ****.

Apart from that, its okay if you *must* send it, I know the feeling :p: Usually it doesn't get you anywhere though.
    but they are all chavs working there thats the only reason i said them

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I read all that but.. I did. I don't think they'll take you seriously, grammar and spell checks are required and you haven't made it sound too professional. It was a funny read though!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.