Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to go to get eyebrows done? (male) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This may seem a bit weird to some but I haven't ever had my eyebrows done except for self-plucking the monobrow hair that grows in the middle with a tweezer. I'm 16 years old, and my eyebrows are a bit darker now, and I'd like them to be a bit smaller and lighter and nicely done, but where exactly do boys go to get their eyebrows done? Will a typical haircut salon be able to do them?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    haha
    Can you please answer the question? Ty (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalDoom)
    Can you please answer the question? Ty (:
    just get a wet shaver and shave the eyesbrows yourself!! only the monobrow in the middle though coz guys eyebrows are meant to be thickish, compared to girls ones anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    just get a wet shaver and shave the eyesbrows yourself!! only the monobrow in the middle though coz guys eyebrows are meant to be thickish, compared to girls ones anyway.
    Don't shave your eyebrows, that defeats the point as you'll have stubble after a day. Just pluck the monobrow.

Just buy a tweezer or something. I don't pluck mine, but I would if I had a monobrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Don't shave your eyebrows, that defeats the point as you'll have stubble after a day. Just pluck the monobrow
    My monobrow grows about 1cm every 2 months (not that I've measured).

It hurts like hell when you pluck, it takes 3 seconds to shave it away when I'm doing my tri-weekly shave. It's much easier to shave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasc)
    My monobrow grows about 1cm every 2 months (not that I've measured).

It hurts like hell when you pluck, it takes 3 seconds to shave it away when I'm doing my tri-weekly shave. It's much easier to shave.
    Don't be such a pussy - girls do it all the time. Besides, after a while plucking will make the hair die and not regrow.

ReputationRep:
    Get them done where girls get their's done. Spas and salons. (:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    why dont you just go ask at a local salon? They will know.

I know it wounds stupid, but if it really hurts then why not just numb your eyebrow area with a block of ice and then pluck it. simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Don't be such a pussy - girls do it all the time. Besides, after a while plucking will make the hair die and not regrow.
    Plucking will not make the hair "die". Hair follicles are inside your skin. The only thing that can make them die is laser treatment.

ReputationRep:
    just pluck those stray strands yourself
    alternatively i've witnessed many barbers fixing up men's brows. why not ask such places? - after all you see them shaving designs into hair, as well as those (chavvy) lines across the brow..... i'm sure they'd shape them too if requested. x

ReputationRep:
    either go to a salon with your head held high and tell them to tidy it

or

keep plucking them/shaving them yourself

ReputationRep:
    Taming a monobrow is fine, but it is very rare for guys to have eyebrows so bushy that anything else needs to be done. You'll end up looking a little silly, like Cristiano Ronaldo, if you try and fix them too much. Pics please!

ReputationRep:
    There are guys that actually do that? :lolwut:

If you have this kind of monobrow:

Then I could understand it, but a few hairs is hardly anything to worry about. I remember an ex of mine trying to take some tweezers to my eyebrows once. I told her she could do it if I could pump her up the jacksy. Unfortunately she didn't take to that idea :emo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.