Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So,

Been in relationship coming up for a year now. However we have these huge arguments over nothing. Today it was over a girl I kissed, (yes kissed..), then turned down when it was about to go further. This is when we were NOT going out. She said I should have told her sooner, however to me it was dust under the carpet. It's the fact the girl is in our friendship circle is what gets her I think.

She brings out the worst in me sometimes, and I'm normally a calm person, but with her arguing and moaning to me it brings out this temper I've always had but do well to suppress. Broke a few things today when I threw them around the room.

It's the fact that it's always over something so petty which I think infuriates me even more.
    I guess I just wanted some advice from anyone. I love her, and she loves me even more. But relationships aren't supposed to be this hard. And shouldn't have the issues we have.

Advice on what to do next, since I'm torn in two minds.

ReputationRep:
    She can't get angry at you over something before her...I have been slightly jealous at times and so has my long term girlfriend (2 years) over past pulls or whatever but it's in the past and dust under the carpet as you said. It really shouldn't matter when you have been together for a long period of time.

Although I can see how it would be abit weird if it is a tight friendship group but it was only a kiss!

Don't feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So,

Been in relationship coming up for a year now. However we have these huge arguments over nothing. Today it was over a girl I kissed, (yes kissed..), then turned down when it was about to go further. This is when we were NOT going out. She said I should have told her sooner, however to me it was dust under the carpet. It's the fact the girl is in our friendship circle is what gets her I think.

She brings out the worst in me sometimes, and I'm normally a calm person, but with her arguing and moaning to me it brings out this temper I've always had but do well to suppress. Broke a few things today when I threw them around the room.

It's the fact that it's always over something so petty which I think infuriates me even more.
    I guess I just wanted some advice from anyone. I love her, and she loves me even more. But relationships aren't supposed to be this hard. And shouldn't have the issues we have.

Advice on what to do next, since I'm torn in two minds.
    Talk to her about it all, because she really shouldn't be so annoyed about something that happened before you two was even together. It's understandable that she thinks about it because the other girls in your friendship group, but explain that it meant nothing to you, because if it did then surely you would have decided to give you two a go, and you didn't. If she loves you as much as you said she should understand eventually, it's just jealously really and everyone feels it, and in a way it keeps the relationship healthy. Although she shouldn't really bring out the bad side of you if you're such a calm guy. Just speak to her about it, cause you obviously don't want to break it off with her, you love her .

ReputationRep:
    If you're arguing over petty things, then it's time to break it off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.