Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Give me some inspiration , PLEASE Watch

Announcements

hey, well i need to work for my AS moduals which are in under a month. I WANT TO DO WELL BUT I AM NOT ****ING REVISING. i dont know whats wrong. please inspire me lol
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Any reason you can pinpoint for why you're not currently revising? Hard to know exactly what to say to motivate you, otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    Stop whatever you're doing and think. Ask yourself: Where do I want to be in the future? What do I want to do? Will what I am doing at the moment get me there? What will I do when I have no money, no job, and people look down on me?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything else going on in your life that's distracting or upsetting? Are you focused on what you want to achieve with regards to university/career?

I always find that if I'm slacking off from revision it's because other things are playing on my mind - usually family or relationship stuff - or at the times when I'm uncertain about the next step in my career (i.e. the 'prize' to make revision worthwhile!) and so can't get motivated.

Hi

It could be that you haven't found the way you revise best and that is way is making it harder to do. I am in the same boat but I find that I work best mind mapping everything out from the text book, and then redoing it again and trying to condense it down and show areas that link together. This is still just as dull and tedious but at least you get the revision done and something colourful at the end that looks mildly impressive and complicated.

DrTux

ReputationRep:
      Don't think it through. Seriously, as the more time that you try to rationalise revising, you'll get bored and end up procrastinating via facebook or whatever. Just RIGHT NOW TURN OFF THE COMPUTER, go into your room and open the books. Seriously, dont think. Just do.

Believe me, its the best option

ReputationRep:
      In thirty years you'll remember your great A level results and not the evenings you spent surfing facebook rather than revising.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.