Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I was just wondering if anyone uses sky player desktop?

I'm in broadgate park and ever since I've been there, I've never been able to download programmes. I just thought I'd set something up wrong or maybe it just didn't work on my laptop but I've come home today and found that it works fine here.

Is it the uni blocking me from downloading things? Which would be strange though because iplayer desktop works fine

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ian80)

I'm in broadgate park and ever since I've been there, I've never been able to download programmes. I just thought I'd set something up wrong or maybe it just didn't work on my laptop but I've come home today and found that it works fine here.

Is it the uni blocking me from downloading things? Which would be strange though because iplayer desktop works fine

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you
    IS won't be [deliberately] blocking you from downloading programmes using Sky Player - see http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/conne...lications.aspx

Does it give any sort of error? It may be that you need to set up a proxy server for it to use. If you can find somewhere to enter these details, they're available @ http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/conne...ebbrowser.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ian80)

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you
    Doesn't work for me either, très annoying :mad:.

Can you watch on-demand stuff using the online player at all? Live tv works fine for me but on-demand stuff won't load.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly_Wabbit)
    Doesn't work for me either, très annoying :mad:.

Can you watch on-demand stuff using the online player at all? Live tv works fine for me but on-demand stuff won't load.
    Yeah, I can watch stuff on demand most of the time.
    Although films are a bit of a hit and miss, it seems like the films I want to watch the most never work, whereas all the others are fine

ReputationRep:
    Just got back and it doesn't work again

ReputationRep:
    Its because the university's network is ****. You are probably not getting enough bandwith at uni for your internet to function fully.

ReputationRep:
    It's not to do with bandwith. It depends how the content is delivered. Basically, if something uses peer-to-peer to deliver the download then chances are that it will not work.

http://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/sns/

ReputationRep:
    Its just sad because I thought it work the same as iplayer, apparently not
    And when I stream sky player it usually works too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.