Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kingston Uni Vs Nottingham trent Primary Ed Ba Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I really like both nottingham trent and kingston for primary education

Nottingham trent is 4 years, costs much less, is more laid back, great night life

Kingston is london (so costs more but also looks great to say you can teach in even london schools) is 3 year, so harder, and is 3rd in the guardien table

Nottingham is a greener campus but I have an adult cousin who lives near to kingston.
    and what's more my gf might be going to a london uni

Either way i will be borrowing money from my parents to survive on cost, so I will then have to live with them after uni to make it up while I save and save (so ill have to live with them for an extra few months if i go to kingston, but i'll be living with them for an extra 2 years anyway just to give me some cash to buy a house with) mainly because it is better than renting.

I'm finding it very hard to make an impartial choice.
    Pleeeaaaasee help.

ReputationRep:
    hey well i dont know what to say about nottingham trent but I am currently at Kingston studying the same course that you want to do and I'm having a great time!
    I never really understood why some unis offer a 4 year course when you come out with the same qualification as someone who does the 3 years.
    Kingston is a lovely place to live and yes, im not going to lie it is expensive but managable. I recieve a student loan which does cover all my accommodation and living costs for the year. Plus you live soo close to London where there is so much to do! and because we live so close to London there are lots of visits to the museums and stuff which is good for when you are looking to take your class on school trips!
    The course itself is really good at Kingston, all of the lecturers are ex primary school teachers and so they all have the knowledge and skills to provide you with practical information about how to approach your class etc which I have found really helpful so far! plus from school experience, there is not a more diverse place than London so it does make you more aware of the cultural side of teaching! any other questions feel free to message me! x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks , I suppose Kingston is probably one of the tops for a reason, just hard to justify paying sooo much but if other people can live off it then I should be able to, too. (slightly daunting that I know i wont pay it off until i'm 52 but meh atleast i'm not in the year bellow :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTomHill)
    Thanks , I suppose Kingston is probably one of the tops for a reason, just hard to justify paying sooo much but if other people can live off it then I should be able to, too. (slightly daunting that I know i wont pay it off until i'm 52 but meh atleast i'm not in the year bellow :P)
    Yeah count yourself lucky! honestly its only the prices of housing that is expensive! everything else i have found to be the same as home.. and i find the pubs cheaper!! priorities!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.