Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really really reaaaaaaaaaaaally want to go to York to do Writing, Directing and Performance. It's all I can think about at the moment, haha. But now I'm fraeking out because I've realised that the grades on the prospectus are only the typical offer and they can offer you higher if they want. It says ABB and I'm predicted AAA, and I've got one of those As guaranteed but I'm terrified that I'll won't do as well in the exams for the other two and end up with Bs. So if they offered me higher then I wouldn't get in and that thought terrifies the bones off me. Can anybody say anything to reassure me? Also, what does somebody usually have to do to get an unconditional? For all those who've recieved them, what were your predicted grades in comparisson to the typical offer and stuff?

Thanks!

*anybody (in the title - sorry, typo!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahDylan)
    I really really reaaaaaaaaaaaally want to go to York to do Writing, Directing and Performance. It's all I can think about at the moment, haha. But now I'm fraeking out because I've realised that the grades on the prospectus are only the typical offer and they can offer you higher if they want. It says ABB and I'm predicted AAA, and I've got one of those As guaranteed but I'm terrified that I'll won't do as well in the exams for the other two and end up with Bs. So if they offered me higher then I wouldn't get in and that thought terrifies the bones off me. Can anybody say anything to reassure me? Also, what does somebody usually have to do to get an unconditional? For all those who've recieved them, what were your predicted grades in comparisson to the typical offer and stuff?

Thanks!

You can't get an unconditional until you've got your A2 grades. Only people who are on a gap year get unconditional offers.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to York to study English Language with ABC predicted grades. My offer was ABB and I was damn sure I wasn't gonna get it. I scraped it.

You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahDylan)

Thanks!

They won't make you an offer over their standard one, you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    i have one

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has one. He already has his grades though.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be nice, but sadly no! Although, a pleasant conditional.

ReputationRep:
    So... I got neg repped for not having an unconditional? JEEZ. I'm sorry I'm not good enough to have applied post-quals!

Alas, it's such a cruel world... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional for politics because I've already got my A levels. Also, my sister does Writing, Directing and Performing at York and she laaaaaaaaaavs it.

ReputationRep:
    To the people who said you can't get an unconditional without already having your A2 grades, my friend got one the other day and she's not got hers yet either. She's doing all BTECs though if that changes things? But yeah, it was a massively oversubscribed course and they were all told not to get their hopes up but she got an unconditional... go her!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Ive also applied to Writing, Directing and Performance! Yet I still haven't heard anything back. I know someone who has had an interview though so I'm a tad confuzzled!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barker11)
    Hey! Ive also applied to Writing, Directing and Performance! Yet I still haven't heard anything back. I know someone who has had an interview though so I'm a tad confuzzled!!!!
    Hi! It's always exciting to find somebody applying for the same course at the same place is this your first choice?? It's mine.

I know what you mean about the interviews. There's another person on here applying for the same top three choices as me for the same subjects and they've had an interview from York too. However at my Manchester interview the girl sitting next to me was applying to do writing, Directing and Performance at York too but hadn't heard anything either. I'm getting a bit worried about it and have e-mailed them, but it will probably be fine. We'll hear from them soon

What are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I emailed them too! Didn't hear anything back!

Yep my top choice! My other choices are LIPA, RWCMD, Central (Unfortunately all audition based) and Hull (It's my backup and already have an offer)

Ah but at least I know of someone in the same position but I loved York on the open day and the course looked amazing so I have my fingers crossed!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.