Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I have recently applied through UCAS for some business related degrees and I need help choosing... :confused: So far I have gotten offers from all but UCL which is the one I am most interested in. Which would you choose between UCL and York, or would you choose one of the others on the list?? If there are any advantages/disadvantages of one over the other please tell me...

• UCL - Information Management for Business
    • York - Management
    • Liverpool - International Business
    • Royal Holloway - Management with Information Systems
    • Kingston - International Business

Thanks!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    UCL is the best there definitely, and then York, then Liverpool, then RH, then Kingston. IMO anyway!

ReputationRep:
    UCL (Y)

ReputationRep:
    UCL might be better on paper, but it depends on what you want from a uni. I, personally, didn't like UCL and loved York. But if you're going purely on prestige, then UCL But make sure that you really like the place you're going to - not just the course, but the location as well. You are going to be spending 3/4 years of your life there.

ReputationRep:
    UCL definitely

ReputationRep:
    UCL, it's an amazing place!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamwinogrodzki)
    Hi guys!

I have recently applied through UCAS for some business related degrees and I need help choosing... :confused: So far I have gotten offers from all but UCL which is the one I am most interested in. Which would you choose between UCL and York, or would you choose one of the others on the list?? If there are any advantages/disadvantages of one over the other please tell me...

• UCL - Information Management for Business
    • York - Management
    • Liverpool - International Business
    • Royal Holloway - Management with Information Systems
    • Kingston - International Business

Thanks!
    UCL if you can finish

Else either York or Liverpool is fine.

One thing to note in business related courses is to not become too specialized as there are very very few jobs out there that actually requires such specialization, the UCL program is definitely one that is very specialized.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    UCL if you can finish

Else either York or Liverpool is fine.

One thing to note in business related courses is to not become too specialized as there are very very few jobs out there that actually requires such specialization, the UCL program is definitely one that is very specialized.
    On the face of it, it would seem so... But the ITMB course isn't actually "information management" per se, more Management in an ICT / Business setting-ish, I believe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.