Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should a "Freikorps" be established to suppress the protests Watch

ReputationRep:
    Freikorps, in the broader sense of the term, is a voluntary paramilitary unit

Now that it has been widely acknowledged that these student "congregations" are established on a confused bandwagon fueled by buzz words and a Peter Pan mentality, and that the presence of the media refrains the police from taking the appropriate course of action, do you believe that it is time for an unofficial paramilitary group to take action? Obviously, if such a group existed, before action a warning would go forth to urge women and kids and malnourished "arts for the sake of art" graduates to stay at home.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for smashing up some hippies, students and reds so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. : ]

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for smashing up some hippies, students and reds so yeah.
    Why the commies?????????

ReputationRep:
    It'd be ****ing funny tbh lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes hippies and students, not so much the Commies; the protesters don't qualify as Commies

ReputationRep:
    Yes because 95% of innocent peaceful students deserve to be attacked due to the actions of a minority.

Why is this 14th century idea still being brought up constantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    Yes hippies and students, not so much the Commies; the protesters don't qualify as Commies
    In Soviet Russia, law breaks you!

ReputationRep:
    obviously everyone would have to wear uniform

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for knocking the six bells out of a few 'Anarchists' who want the government to pay for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excandersham)
    Yes because 95% of innocent peaceful students deserve to be attacked due to the actions of a minority.

Why is this 14th century idea still being brought up constantly.
    depends how we are to define innocent. innocent of vandalism, yes
    innocent of choosing idiocy and encouraging mass idiocy, I think not.

ReputationRep:
    They are guilty of no crime.

Protesting is a right granted by the european union.

No person wants a state that allows no protesting.

ReputationRep:
    An in no way is protesting against a tripling of tuition fees, university funding cuts, ema removal and international student discrimination idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    Recall the troops from Afghanistan! Some student has been pissing on Winston... I demand capital punishment.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't we create this Freikorps and give them even more power than that. Give them some IT guys so that they can find and root out stupid internet trolls. How about that?

ReputationRep:
    Posh boys' army.
    I'd love to see this.

ReputationRep:
    An in no way is protesting against a tripling of tuition fees, university funding cuts, ema removal and international student discrimination idiotic.
    wow I didn't think anyone a literary ability still believed in this cause.

A tripling of tuition fees. Yes. Because good things cost money, and that is the actual price of a decent degree. I just wonder why the taxpayer hasn't thus far complained that his money has been used to fund ridiculous courses. We are in debt, circa 6 billion.

EMA is being replaced by Learning Support Funds, which is basically EMA under a new name and a new, more stringent regime.

Where lies this discrimination against international students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Why don't we create this Freikorps and give them even more power than that. Give them some IT guys so that they can find and root out stupid internet trolls. How about that?
    Give them power, I don't think so. The proposition relies on taking and exerting pre-existing power and good sense.

ReputationRep:
    wow I didn't think anyone a literary ability still believed in this cause.

A tripling of tuition fees. Yes. Because good things cost money, and that is the actual price of a decent degree. I just wonder why the taxpayer hasn't thus far complained that his money has been used to fund ridiculous courses. We are in debt, circa 6 billion.

EMA is being replaced by Learning Support Funds, which is basically EMA under a new name and a new, more stringent regime.

Where lies this discrimination against international students?
    1. Europe charges half of what wales still charges for its degrees. At least.

2. The debt? Then cut the military spending and stop following America around the world like a lapdog. And this change will still cost the government excess amounts of money through loans.

3. The home office issued a statement to the general public for how to reduce the amount of international students coming here. Which would lead to even less university funding.

4. The new learning support fund only relates to certain needs directly related to essential education. No travel costs are being paid for under 18s. So theres no incentive to get them to study.

ReputationRep:
    1. Europe charges half of what wales still charges for its degrees. At least.

2. The debt? Then cut the military spending and stop following America around the world like a lapdog. And this change will still cost the government excess amounts of money through loans.

3. The home office issued a statement to the general public for how to reduce the amount of international students coming here. Which would lead to even less university funding.

4. The new learning support fund only relates to certain needs directly related to essential education. No travel costs are being paid for under 18s. So theres no incentive to get them to study.
    Cut military spending or mostly useless and reprehensible education. Ask whosoever pays, yes?

I think the taxpayer would value Defense over a History and Media graduate.

The people whose only incentive to study is EMA shouldn't be going to uni. Glorified benefit thieves.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.