Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met this guy a couple of months ago and we hit it off straight away. I really like him, our relationship works perfectly. When we are together everything is fine and we have so much fun, but I feel I can't trust him 100%, cos he's so many friends he goes out with all the time, plus he suddenly starts acting cold towards me when people we both know are around.
    I tried to talk about this with him and he said of course that it's not true and dodged the question about friends ...I can see he has issues as well, like he fears that being in a proper relationship could deprive him of his independence, but I just can't help being worried and sad about it..so the thing is, it seems I can't handle this relationship. Even though I care for him so much, the only thought of this makes me feel depressed, I'm distracted and put off and now I'm having problems with food and consequently my health ...should I quit before I get too involved?

ReputationRep:
    Well he hasnt done anything to break your trust. He has lots of friends, isnt that a good thing?
    Maybe hes just a fairly private person and doesnt like the idea of you two getting close in public around people he knows?
    I think you may be reading a little too much into it.

ReputationRep:
    at first glance, thought the title was "Thrust Issues"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.