Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So Anyone chosen Bangor & What will you be studying ?

ReputationRep:
    Im leaning towards Bangor, have a conditional offer for Bsc Ocean Sciences (300points) and Bsc Marine Chemistry. (240 points)

ReputationRep:
    I hope to. I've got a conditional to do English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Bangor - Political and Social Studies. I'm just worried that I'll be at a disadvantage when it come sto finding part time jobs because I don't speak Welsh, and I know Bangor has a fairly high proportion of Welsh-speakers.

ReputationRep:
    Me, possibly! I've got an unconditional for English Language and Linguistics.

It's looking like my firm at the moment, but I just want to go around my other choices first before deciding.

ReputationRep:
    From what i have heard there is no disadvantage towards non-welsh speakers as there are so many students that are non-welsh in such a small town so don't worry I'm not and I'm English

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Business Studies BSc and Business and ICT BSc.
    No replies yet but I'm hopeful as Bangor is definitely my top choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely leaning towards putting Bangor as my firm, I've got a conditional offer for Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I'm applying for Bangor - Political and Social Studies. I'm just worried that I'll be at a disadvantage when it come sto finding part time jobs because I don't speak Welsh, and I know Bangor has a fairly high proportion of Welsh-speakers.
    I'm at Bangor University at the moment and I really wouln't worry about not bieng able to speak welsh. The majority of students are English or from other countries. Its quite a diverse population in Bangor! I am English.

ReputationRep:
    me hopefully! i loved the uni when I went to visit in July, hopefully to study BA Geography! I've got a conditional offer of 300pts with a C in Geography
    I'm from North Wales my self so it isn't so far away!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by detachables)
    I'm definitely leaning towards putting Bangor as my firm, I've got a conditional offer for Psychology.
    Do it! Psychology at Bangor is definitely worth it. How many UCAS points do you need to get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dillio)
    Do it! Psychology at Bangor is definitely worth it. How many UCAS points do you need to get in?
    I'm definitely thinking about putting it as my firm, I'm still kind of torn between Bangor and Keele though. They want 280 points

ReputationRep:
    Hows the campus?
    What does it look like?

ReputationRep:
    you're torn between Bangor and Keele for psychology?

from what i've heard bangor punches WELL above it's weight for psychology wheras i had a look at keele and i wasn't very impressed tbh..

i've got an unconditional for Bangor- can't wait! i think the psych dep is supposed to have 1:2 male female.. oh happy day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tridentus)
    you're torn between Bangor and Keele for psychology?

from what i've heard bangor punches WELL above it's weight for psychology wheras i had a look at keele and i wasn't very impressed tbh..

i've got an unconditional for Bangor- can't wait! i think the psych dep is supposed to have 1:2 male female.. oh happy day!
    Lately I have been more inclined to put Bangor as my firm but I haven't actually been to look at the university yet so hopefully seeing the Bangor campus at one of the open days next year will sway me .

Congrats on the unconditional .

ReputationRep:
    I've got a really, really low offer for 3 language degree at Bangor so it will be my insurance. Looks really good and everyone seems to love it. Hoping to get to a visit day before I commit but coming from Spain it's a bit difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Woooo, I live in Bangor!

ReputationRep:
    got conditional for zoology and conservation my firm choice me thinks

ReputationRep:
    Bangor is a lovely place! And if you're looking for a part time job, learn some Welsh. It's much appreciated

Edit: Even if it's just thank you D

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for Chemisty in Bangor 280pts
    But I've also got an offer from Keele I love both unis so I'm not sure which to pick!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.