So, Who's Starting Bangor in 2011 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I applied to Idwal, Adda, and Gwynant. I'm really excited :tongue:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 141
Hey guyz I'm going with Film Studies but I'm having trouble with my accommodation.
I want to get a room somewhere in The Halls but I have no idea where. I've been told that you can only get a room for 1 person, is that true because I was hoping to get a buddy. Me no want to be alone :frown:
Reply 142
When you fill out the accommodation, you can choose to be put into a room next to your friend if he or she does the same, also you wont be alone as most halls have 6-8 rooms per hall, in which you all share a kitchen! Don't worry :smile:
Reply 143
Hopefully i'll get the results to start ba honours criminology and criminal justice in september :biggrin:

glaslyn, enlli and idwall are where i applied to
I am so glad I chose Bangor as my firm choice and don't regret it at all, going to one of the open days, which I think was specifically a psychology one, really helped me make the final decision. The course sounds amazing, lecturers were so friendly and soon as I heard about all the societies and clubs to choose from, it made it all perfect for me.

I had major trouble applying for halls........because there was SO many to choose from! Being older at the age of 22 I didn't know whether to play it safe and apply for the mature halls like Y Borth or Cefn y Coed OR go with one of the more recent halls like Braint etc.....
Eventually I just chose 1: Peris, 2: Enlli and 3: Alaw just hope I won't be the oldest in there lol.
Can't wait to start Psychology with clinical and health psychology in September!!!!!
Reply 145
Yay I'm also starting clinical and health Psychology in September at Bangor I can't wait i'm so excited i'm counting down the days i can't remember which halls i chose but don't bother me, i just wanna start uni :smile:
Reply 146
Im starting bangor in september to do sport science. gonna be good!!!

Can anyone in the know tell about the DW fitness in bangor, whats it like? does it have a good free weights section?
Reply 147
international, postgrad, psychology student, really needs to find PRIVATE accommodation before september eek!!!
Original post by jpeacock
Im starting bangor in september to do sport science. gonna be good!!!

Can anyone in the know tell about the DW fitness in bangor, whats it like? does it have a good free weights section?

The gym is ok, the machines are slightly outdated compared to the gym I attend at home/over summer. It has a huge free weights section, Although I find it quiet intimidating as there is always loads of huge guys using them, this might just be me (as a girl) rather than the gym though. They have a good sauna and jacuzzi and a small pool. I like it for the cardio machines because there are plenty so you don't usually have to wait. I preferred it from the onsite gym on the halls site. It's a down hill- uphill walk if you are living in upper Bangor, unless you drive obviously. Overall its pretty good in comparison to others available and it does have a good atmosphere.
all who know,
How far is it to talk from the main (majority) accommodation area to the main office, I'm considering applying for English and think its in the buidling next door to where the tours start from
Sorry, meant "walk" not "talk"!!!
Reply 151
Original post by Thailiafoo

I had major trouble applying for halls........because there was SO many to choose from! Being older at the age of 22 I didn't know whether to play it safe and apply for the mature halls like Y Borth or Cefn y Coed OR go with one of the more recent halls like Braint etc.....
Eventually I just chose 1: Peris, 2: Enlli and 3: Alaw just hope I won't be the oldest in there lol.

I've applied for Ffraw, Glaslyn & Alaw!! I'm 22 so I felt the same way haha :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by wazap
Hey guyz I'm going with Film Studies but I'm having trouble with my accommodation.
I want to get a room somewhere in The Halls but I have no idea where. I've been told that you can only get a room for 1 person, is that true because I was hoping to get a buddy. Me no want to be alone :frown:

On the accommodation form there is an option to write down the name of the person you want to be next too in halls, so no worries about not being next to your buddies :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by majornongeek
all who know,
How far is it to talk from the main (majority) accommodation area to the main office, I'm considering applying for English and think its in the buidling next door to where the tours start from

If you mean from the Ffrith accommodation to the main Bangor University office then not long! Going down the hill from Ffrith and up the hill towards the main office is just 5 minutes! :biggrin:
Thank you, that was really helpful
Reply 155
any psych postgrads starting in sept?
Reply 156
Hey
I'm hopefully starting in september if i get the grades D:
Im going to be doing biology and i have an offer of 320Ucas points from 4 subjects :smile:
Bangor is my insurance choice, and I have a conditional offer to study English lit&Music combined :biggrin: Originally, I applied for psychology, and I changed my mind very late in the year, but Bangor had no objections to my move.
Original post by Amy1802
I've applied for Ffraw, Glaslyn & Alaw!! I'm 22 so I felt the same way haha :smile:

Phew! I'm relieved to hear I haven't cocked up my halls then as I didn't really know whether it was the right choice to choose those or the mature halls -what is the definition of mature!?!? lol
Can’t believe the move-in date is 17/18 September (depending on the hall) it’s coming up so quickly :redface:.
Reply 159
Original post by LeahJ
any psych postgrads starting in sept?

Yeah! Consumer Psych with Business :smile:
What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest