Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I scratch my head while studying... What does this mean? Weird studying habits? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A lot of times, when I start to think a lot, I begin to scratch my head while studying.

Does this mean I have ADHD? I sometimes also can't focus very well, too. At some points, I've suspected I've had ADHD.

The problem is, I can usually buckle down and finish all of my work before it is due (so it's more of procrastination) and I do excellent in school. I have no problems thinking - but sometimes, I just end up scratching my head when I do a lot of indepth work.

Anyone have experiences like these? Or maybe other weird studying habits?

ReputationRep:
    I always have the pencil in my mouth. ALWAYS.

ReputationRep:
    I always play with my hair.

I literally can't study without having my hand on my head 80% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm AWFUL for playing with my hair/scratching my head when I'm bored. When I'm in lectures sometimes I'll realise I'm doing it- but won't know how long I've been doing it for. The people behind must thing I have nits or something, it's awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    A lot of times, when I start to think a lot, I begin to scratch my head while studying.

Does this mean I have ADHD? I sometimes also can't focus very well, too. At some points, I've suspected I've had ADHD.

The problem is, I can usually buckle down and finish all of my work before it is due (so it's more of procrastination) and I do excellent in school. I have no problems thinking - but sometimes, I just end up scratching my head when I do a lot of indepth work.

Anyone have experiences like these? Or maybe other weird studying habits?
    err first of all scratching ur head is prolly not the first sign of having ADHD... it's just a bad habit we all have those. I always play with a pen when I study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizzCupcakes)
    err first of all scratching ur head is prolly not the first sign of having ADHD... it's just a bad habit we all have those. I always play with a pen when I study
    Oh ok! I just haven't been really sure if this happens to other normal people too... huh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    Oh ok! I just haven't been really sure if this happens to other normal people too... huh
    A rule of thumb for everyone is that think of whatever you do and what you feel isnt normal and then think again. Because it is most likely that many others also do that or have at least been through a similar situation... dont ever believe that you are the only one who does somethin or goes trough somethin...

good luck with studying ;P

ReputationRep:
    That you're confused by what you're learning...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    That you're confused by what you're learning...
    I understand everything I'm learning. I was just wondering: "Why the habit?"

ReputationRep:
    I've scratched my head my whole life, I see nothing wrong with this.

Usually when things get complicated my hair gets itchy because I begin to sweat and I scratch. For me it's normal, nothing abnormal

ReputationRep:
    I always cross my legs and shake my leg back and forth, on top of playing with my hair

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.