Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking into studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Imperial College, it seems great but I am a bit worried about finance, I will be entitled to the maintenance loan etc but could someone who is currently studying in London give me any advice on whether I will be able to afford studying there just of my student loans? Also I have heard that there are lots of student jobs available, for extra cash, but is it viable to have a job on top of the course? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerblue)
    I'm looking into studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Imperial College, it seems great but I am a bit worried about finance, I will be entitled to the maintenance loan etc but could someone who is currently studying in London give me any advice on whether I will be able to afford studying there just of my student loans? Also I have heard that there are lots of student jobs available, for extra cash, but is it viable to have a job on top of the course? Thanks
    I have yet to met someone who can survive solely on their student loan... thats unless u live in london so wont have to worry about the huge accomodation costs!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerblue)
    I get £5000 plus £2900 (dunno the exact amount) plus £500 bursary. I've been fine without a job, however I live on the outskirts of London where it's a bit cheaper, barely ever use public trasnport (we have a free uni bus) and have been ill so haven't been out too much. My boyfriend's doing the same course as you but at a different uni and is always working so I dunno if you'd have time for a job as well :/

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.