The Student Room Group

What do you like in a person?

ladies and gentlemen, i would like you to list 5 character traits that you like in a person. if you can please explain why these traits appeal to you.

to get you started, here are a few:
benevolence, courage, ambition, humour, introversion, extroversion, magnanimity, tolerance, patience, determination, responsibility, loyalty, openness...
Personally:
An open mind, a good taste in music, not religious, protective but not overprotective, like a good friend/best friend. Can understand you like no other person can, a decent sense of fashion, must care a bit about their appearance, a bit of spontaneity and they must be able to decipher my emotions. Being in the same social circle is kinda good too.
Reply 2
openness
determination
humour
being able to have a chat with them
similar interests
My penis. :rolleyes:

(Well, someone was going to say it.)
intelligence-because I like an equal mind so that we can talk about things on a different level,
humour- a good sense of humor is important after all laughter is the best medicine :P
maturity, openness and ambition... a lot more but those are pretty important..
A pair of pert tits. :yes:
Reply 6
Non-annoying voice.
Intelligence.
Confidence.
Informed opinions.
Altruism.
I'm list 2 physical traits and 3 personality traits for my girl.

- Nice/Beautiful eyes
- B cups:sexface:
- Caring
- Funny
- Intelligent
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Courage
Intelligence
Altruism
Intellectual(ism?)
Humour
Reply 9
If we are talking about friends then:

- humour
- intelligence
- maturity (up to a point)
- not overly religious (if they keep it to themselves then fine)
- openness
- fun
Organs help...
Reply 11
I dont really know :s-smilie: as long as they dont annoy me, that's all that matters to me.
Reply 12
- intelligence

- honesty

- responsible

- ambivert

- Classy :wink2:
Reply 13
Unassuming people are people I like. I like people who take the time to get to know someone, people who don't shout and flail their arms about like drowning penguin. I don't like commentators, I don't like people who feel the need to inanely witter on about how they view others. People with definitive opinions too are generally annoying. I like people who once I've got to know them would feel more than comfortable going on a long-walk with, revealing my deepest secret to or even just sit silently in their presence, feeling relaxed enough not to have to say anything. I like people who I imagine I could fall in love with. Reserved, well-mannered and good-natured people are people I find the company of to be pleasurable. I like people who wear dark, neutral colours and people who like my kind of music. Basically, I like people who are like me. I like people who have the same assumptions as me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Kreuzuerk
Unassuming people are people I like. I like people who take the time to get to know someone, people who don't shout and flail their arms about like drowning penguin. I don't like commentators, I don't like people who feel the need to inanely witter on about how they view others. People with definitive opinions too are generally annoying. I like people who once I've got to know them would feel more than comfortable going on a long-walk with, revealing my deepest secret to or even just sit silently in their presence, feeling relaxed enough not to have to say anything. I like people who I imagine I could fall in love with. Reserved, well-mannered and good-natured people are people I find the company of to be pleasurable. I like people who wear dark, neutral colours and people who like my kind of music. Basically, I like people who are like me. I like people who have the same assumptions as me.

hmm...this chimes with me...although personally I would say I can be a bit of a commentator, but I see no issue with sharing my political, religious, social views. I am just careful about what I say and generally don't discuss them candidly unless I feel the person thinks about things as I do.

But five traits....

Loyal
Affectionate
Considerate/Empathic
Sincere
Mature (Deep thinker being important)

hmm..it's hard to narrow it down to be honest. But the above seem quite good qualities. I suppose it's a case of listing traits I feel I have, as generally people like in others what they see in themselves.
Reply 15
-sincerity
-confidence
-courage
-responsibility
-humor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending