Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My GF's past... please help me out Watch

ReputationRep:
    I started going out with this girl 10 months ago.

She was my first proper GF and the only girl I have had full sex with. She has been in about 3 or 4 relationships before and she has had sex with 3 people before she was going out with me.

Now i know that this is completely in the past and it shouldnt be bothering me but it really bugs me. for me everything single thing about her is perfect, the way we are together, she completely understands me and is the most supportive person i have ever had in my life.

BUT... why cant i get over the fact that she has been with other people...

Is it because i havnt? Has anyone been in a similar position? Does this mean i dont really love her?

Ive been around girls all the time but have never got into a serious relationship, from where I stand i dont see a more ideal girl.

Why is this whole sex issue bothering me? She says i make her feel bad when i bring this up. she says she has completely forgotten about it and that when i mention it she gets reminded of her previous relationships. She says i make her feel like a bad person.

Please just help me think this through. I wish i could get over the fact that shes been with other people (i know its so normal to have had sex with more than 1 person before)

ReputationRep:
    Grow up you nonce. You're getting poon, be happy.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you two? I mean if you're in your 20s or something, then I guess nowadays it's expected.

ReputationRep:
    im 21

ReputationRep:
    Don't keep bringing it up, your lack of experience so to speak is obviously not phasing your relationship but if you persist to be really paranoid it will be a major turn off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigaking)
    im 21
    Well to be fair, if I were you it would have bothered me, although if my partner were good in every other way and they don't have a wandering eye then I would like to think I could deal with it...

I guess it could have been worse... There are 17 year old girls with 9+ partners around here...

ReputationRep:
    yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsobored.)
    Well to be fair, if I were you it would have bothered me, although if my partner were good in every other way and they don't have a wandering eye then I would like to think I could deal with it...

I guess it could have been worse... There are 17 year old girls with 9+ partners around here...
    Yea i know that some girls have had much more.... but then, im trying to wonder why she would so easily have sex with people... apart from the first she didnt wait long to do it.

This is the only downside about her... and i know for other guys it wouldnt be that much of an issue.... but i start thinking that all the special times ive had with her... shes had the same with some 1 else

ahhh i dnt know this pisses me off

ReputationRep:
    Yea i know that some girls have had much more.... but then, im trying to wonder why she would so easily have sex with people... apart from the first she didnt wait long to do it.

This is the only downside about her... and i know for other guys it wouldnt be that much of an issue.... but i start thinking that all the special times ive had with her... shes had the same with some 1 else

Yeah I understand, but as lame as this is, you're the one in the relationship with her, not any of us lot. You do what's best for yourself, no one can help you really. I don't think you will get any helpful response either and you'll just be knockeed down as being immature, but I don't believe that

What? Why did I get negged? What happened to be tolerant and respectful of other people's opinions and crap???

ReputationRep:
    at present she's with you, so stop being paranoid and just accept that, or you'll lose her

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you feel like that because she has more experience than you....I can relate to your situation actually. Try and tell yourself that the past is the past, and what matters is the here and now.

ReputationRep:
    You are just trying to get her to say:
    "No, they weren't as big as you!",

...but she just wants to forget about it.
    Stop worrying about the other penises that have been inside her.

Or did she lie about being a virgin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsobored.)
    Yeah I understand, but as lame as this is, you're the one in the relationship with her, not any of us lot. You do what's best for yourself, no one can help you really. I don't think you will get any helpful response either and you'll just be knockeed down as being immature, but I don't believe that

What? Why did I get negged? What happened to be tolerant and respectful of other people's opinions and crap???
    im sorry u got negged mate, i did too. Some loser out there must have done it who wants to make themselves feel better by negging ppl.

Thanks for your reply though

ReputationRep:
    full sex? as opposed to half sex?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's simply because this is your first proper relationship and it isn't hers. I have the same problem in my relationship and it sucks; however, once you realise it's completely irrational and stupid, you can only try to tame it and not keep thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    ohh shush yourself and stop making a scene out of it. you love her, she loves you. end of story son.
    MALES psh.

ReputationRep:
    You sound exactly like my ex.
    Emphasis on 'ex'.
    I suggest you get over it sharpish, it's not her fault you were frigid.

ReputationRep:

Dont keep bringing it up or thinking about it. It will start to put a strain on your relationship and she could just start disliking you... because from her point of view, yoiu thinking about it too much doesnt look good/attractive.

Why not think about it this way, you said you've not been in a relationship before, but have been surounded by girls most of the time, whereas she may have not been surounded by guys all the time (whatever surrounding means to you). She's had 3 meaningful relationships? doesnt sleep around with anyone. Once she's in a relationship, she wants it to work. She's with you now.. and thats all she's thinking.

Put yourself in her place.... what if in a years time you break up (hopefully not).. sometimes not all relationships work out. Then you meet someone else you really like, and think she's the ideal person for you. But for this girl you're her first for everything....and now all the special time she's having with you.. you've already had with your now gf. Now thats how you're feeling, not because you wanted for it to go like that....but it did anyway.

She didnt easily sleep with a guy... each time, she thought, just like you are doing.. that they were her ideal match.
    But at the same time.. it doesnt make a difference, because the past is the past, and no one can change it, so dont let it get in the way. She's with you now, and thats all that should matter.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    lol!.. i thought your title meant she died..lol

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest here, are you scared she's a hoe?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.