Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my father visited me yesterday evening and brought me a present.

It was a Burberry trench.

I always loved the brand because of their style and quality. But lately, I've found that their quality has really gone downhill.

I bought a tote from them a few months back, and the quality just can't compare to their products from a few years back.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    same old story, happend to all brands when they get "popular". They rely on their quality to get customers at first but then when they have a reputation, they make crap clothes and rely on the repuatation for sales to maximise their revenue. blaaaa.

ReputationRep:
    If the tote already looks old and worn and if you have kept the receipt I would suggest that you take it back to the shop and ask for a refund/replacement. Or just don't buy Burberry anymore.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that the tote is torn, it's just that the quality is clearly inferior to their former years. The material was more flimsy, and instead of making handles of leather, it was "covered" in leather.

I definitely agree though. I mean, all "luxury" brands seem to be so accessible that their quality has really suffered. Their clothing has become so flimsy, and lacks the workmanship that most bought it for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    same old story, happend to all brands when they get "popular". They rely on their quality to get customers at first but then when they have a reputation, they make crap clothes and rely on the repuatation for sales to maximise their revenue. blaaaa.
    I highly doubt that would be the issue with Burberry, first of all as they've been massively popular for years, and even when they were not popular in the UK they were incredibly popular across Europe (most of their revenue is overseas I believe). I highly doubt this is the case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.