Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wanting to sign up for a gym membership, but once i've done so, how da **** do I get started?

Do all gym's have induction programs or something? I don't fancy being left by myself not knowing what the **** I'm doing lol (inb4 obvious replies of "start lifting weights" or similar).

Yes I can see this thread is retarded, but no I don't give a flying **** as it's the only thing stopping me from joining a gym.

Thanks to anyone who gives a decent reply.

ReputationRep:
    Most do for insurance reasons. I doubt it'll be very good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo$hhh)
    Yes this thread is retarded and its the morons like yourself who make signing up to gyms a nightmare for everyone with a brain cell. I mean seriously, half the equipment in the gym have labels all over them telling you to do the exercise. There's also assistants walking around offering help. I mean seriously how can people be this retarded??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Yes this thread is retarded and its the morons like yourself who make signing up to gyms a nightmare for everyone with a brain cell. I mean seriously, half the equipment in the gym have labels all over them telling you to do the exercise. There's also assistants walking around offering help. I mean seriously how can people be this retarded??
    I've been in loads of gyms.

ReputationRep:
    Find a decent program (read the sticky)

Get someone that knows what they are doing to teach you the lifts, failing that, buy starting strength (has good information on how to preform the main lifts) and just practice by yourself. Filming yourself helps, to see if your doing it right etc.

Go from there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a flying **** as it's the only thing stopping me from joining a gym.
    I've been in loads of gyms.
    wat

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's a treadmill repair-man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.