Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

liking the same sex problem... Watch

I'm a girl, 16 and I'm not really sure on my sexuality. All I know is that I'm somewhere between gay and bisexual.

My friendship group consists of mainly boys; there's another girl in our group who I'm cool with. Recently another girl has sort of joined our group and she's really nice. I get on quite well with her, she seems to like speaking to me and finds me funny

After we got drunk at a party and I got kinda touchy with her ("I love you ***** no honestly!") and since then I've started to like her :\
    She is single and I don't think she's been with anyone for a while but the trouble is I'm sure she's straight she is girly (into dancing and stuff) where as I'm not overly girly (hoodies, converse).
    Also she's 18 where as I'm 16 :rolleyes:

I feel awkward about it. Whenever anyone jokes to her about other guys "oo he was fit, did you like him" I sort of die inside a bit and ex boyfriend talk. The thought of her getting a boyfriend is slightly horrible and I feel really awkward about it.

Most people in the group know I'm bi/gay and are fine with it. She doesnt at all and I don't really want to tell her...

I also told two of the group that I like this girl (while drunk) and now they tease me when she's around and it's awkward

I dont know what to do. I cant really tell her I like her because she is (99% sure) straight and it will just make it awkward. But if I dont do anything she will just get a boyfriend eventually and I dont want to go through that again

I'm just so depressed. I dont know any gay/bi girls, I feel really alone. I hate liking straight girls. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU :mad:

I hope that sort of makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When I was your age I was always kinda put down by really liking another girl only to find out they just weren't interested in the same way I was. I guess my advice to you is if you're so sure that she's straight and wouldn't think about getting with you, maybe you should just drop your feelings for her as it will just make you feel really bad in the end.

Another thing, your post sounds like you prefer girls a lot more to guys, or is it just how I interpreted it? If you think you're bi then that's fine but was just wondering.

Good luck anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl, 16 and I'm not really sure on my sexuality. All I know is that I'm somewhere between gay and bisexual.

My friendship group consists of mainly boys; there's another girl in our group who I'm cool with. Recently another girl has sort of joined our group and she's really nice. I get on quite well with her, she seems to like speaking to me and finds me funny

After we got drunk at a party and I got kinda touchy with her ("I love you ***** no honestly!") and since then I've started to like her :\
    She is single and I don't think she's been with anyone for a while but the trouble is I'm sure she's straight she is girly (into dancing and stuff) where as I'm not overly girly (hoodies, converse).
    Also she's 18 where as I'm 16 :rolleyes:

I feel awkward about it. Whenever anyone jokes to her about other guys "oo he was fit, did you like him" I sort of die inside a bit and ex boyfriend talk. The thought of her getting a boyfriend is slightly horrible and I feel really awkward about it.

Most people in the group know I'm bi/gay and are fine with it. She doesnt at all and I don't really want to tell her...

I also told two of the group that I like this girl (while drunk) and now they tease me when she's around and it's awkward

I dont know what to do. I cant really tell her I like her because she is (99% sure) straight and it will just make it awkward. But if I dont do anything she will just get a boyfriend eventually and I dont want to go through that again

I'm just so depressed. I dont know any gay/bi girls, I feel really alone. I hate liking straight girls. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU :mad:

''I wanna take you to the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar!!"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.