Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

relationship gotten stale... Watch

hi, i'm looking for some advice...

i have a girlfriend who i've been going out with for about 10 months now. unfortunately our relationship seems to have gotten a kinda dull, like when we go out now we seem to not have much to say to each other. we don't stay out for very long, we never seem to have anything to talk about. we spoke about this last night, and she said she worried that maybe it was only meant to be for 6 months or something. she sent me a text this morning saying she loves me but we need to talk about our relationship some more.

another reason she's been worried about our relationship is that i'm never organising things with her, always waiting for her to. and another reason i'm worried is that she seems to not be very affectionate towards me, and not interested in sex anymore. i think when one of us senses the other is worried it just makes us feel worse.

the thing is, i still love her, and she's pretty much the only person outside my family i have left. i basically have no friends now, and she's the only person i see. if i lose her i am going to become really really depressed.

does anyone have any advice? i'm going to become more proactive in organising things with her, but i don't think that will solve everything...

This is exactly what happened to my relationship! I wanted to work it out, but he ended it.
    Can I ask - why do you not organise anything with her anymore if you still love her?
    if you did more things together surely you'd have more to talk about? x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.