Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can still say I love my ex, I don't honestly know why to be honest. I told her that not being with her, breaks my heart everyday, even though I do my best to move on. She says the chances of us being "friends" right now is "0", as I am being "spiteful". To which I replied, how could I be friends with someone like you. Right,to be fair yes I've been spiteful, but, anyone would be or more in the situation I was dumped in. Ok here are main facts that led to my hate really...
    I brought her everything, she could ever want, uggs boots, any financial difficulty she was in, I helped her out, out of my own savings..She claims I became "clingy" and "controlling", this girl was my world, but no where was I near to them, if I explain on the situations, she'd invite me to a work do, and then tell me not to come? She went up town with mates, and had her drink spiked, she phoned me one in the morning. I was in bed, but dragged myself up, and went to pick her up, she wa fine til we got to hers, and then she started having breathing difficulties, and I phoned an ambulance, and spent the whoe night in hospital with her, did not leave her side. Also within a week before she dumped me, I picked her up from her uni, nearly 20 miles away from me, at about two in the morning, as her drunk mates couldn't be bothered with her, and left her byselfn from what she had told me anyway. Also, from a night up at her freshers week, she got soaked, etc, cold, got the bus, and I picked her up from the trainstation, took her home, looked after, bathed her, made sure she was better.

All this, and she contacted me first all this time. Do I have "mug" written across my head".And the countless times she did phone me to meet her up at college during lunch breaks and so on, damn. So she dumps me saying "I'm" clingy. I'm depresses whatever, a couple of weeks go, and I give up trying to get her back. She then texts me asking to meet up, which I being a mug reply to. When we meet that evening, she says "I can't imagine life without you, and let's try again"... Two and a half weeks pass, and she dumps me again, saying that I am clingy again, and tat I used her for sex, which is absolute crap, as I loved the girl so much, I had never been so intimate with someone like her. She also claims that the ring and necklace she bought me, she sold on ebay. I gave them back, as with my gifts, they were bought for her, out of love. I couldn't stand her's, as how could they mean anything, if she could treat me this way. But as a guy, truthfully, I can say my heart is broken, and iv left the pieces on the floor this time, as she'd rather hang with a girl, who cheated on her brother, is that not needy? Who wouldn't be spiteful? By the way we dated for 3 years, and have known each other for bout 5 years, so there's history there. I don't know how someone can change like that..

ReputationRep:
    Let her go. You're better off. And just because you bought her stuff doesn't mean she owes you anything. However, i do agree that she seems a bit ungrateful for the stuff you have done for her. But, she is treating you badly, get a girl who will appreciate the stuff you do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.