Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's still Saturday Night. Sort of.

Anyway, if you've any questions for Nothos, ask away. Again, Cardozo gets two questions and a follow up for each, the rest get one question and a follow up.

PMQ's will be going up on Saturdays nights from now onwards.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask the prime minister if he will join with me in condemning some of the most shameful acts of the student protest which included daubing graffiti on the statue of Winston Churchill and swinging from the flags near the Cenotaph?

ReputationRep:
    Mister Speaker, does the new prime minister have any plans to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan?

Mr Speaker sir, can I take this opportunity to welcome the Prime Minister to his new role and I hope that he has settled in and got to know all of the staff who work tirelessly behind the scenes at Number 10.

Can I ask the Prime Minister, going back to the Coalition forming after the election about whether negotiations between the Conservatives and Centre took place?

ReputationRep:
      Mr Speaker, can I ask the Prime Minister if he is surprised by the media coverage of the student protests, in so much that the focus has not been on the many injured protesters and police, but instead on a damaged car window, does the PM agree with me that the media should not be wasting time on car windows and should instead focus on those who were actually hurt.
      • Community Assistant
      • Wiki Support Team
      • Political Ambassador
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nothos)
      QFA
      Thought I'd quote you in case you didn't realise that there were questions building up for you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by toronto353)
      Can I ask the prime minister if he will join with me in condemning some of the most shameful acts of the student protest which included daubing graffiti on the statue of Winston Churchill and swinging from the flags near the Cenotaph?
      I will very much join with the right honourable member in condemning these shameful acts, as well as the others that occurred during the protests.

(Original post by xXedixXx)
      Mister Speaker, does the new prime minister have any plans to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan?
      It is of course the eventual aim to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, but not until the time is right.

(Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
      Mr Speaker sir, can I take this opportunity to welcome the Prime Minister to his new role and I hope that he has settled in and got to know all of the staff who work tirelessly behind the scenes at Number 10.

Can I ask the Prime Minister, going back to the Coalition forming after the election about whether negotiations between the Conservatives and Centre took place?
      This question is more about private party matters than anything pertaining to the government, and as it is a private party matter, I shall be keeping it private.

(Original post by GreenIsTheNewRed)
      Mr Speaker, can I ask the Prime Minister if he is surprised by the media coverage of the student protests, in so much that the focus has not been on the many injured protesters and police, but instead on a damaged car window, does the PM agree with me that the media should not be wasting time on car windows and should instead focus on those who were actually hurt.
      I must wonder where the honourable member is getting the idea that the media is not covering the issue of those injured in the protest. Of course the attack on the royal motorcade has been mentioned, but I feel the emphasis has been overwhelmingly on those protestors and police who were injured.

Will the Prime Minister be revealing his new cabinet?
        As an extension to this question - What change in ideological party policy (if any) will you be bringing to the house? Specific examples?
        • Community Assistant
        • Wiki Support Team
        • Political Ambassador
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        I will very much join with the right honourable member in condemning these shameful acts, as well as the others that occurred during the protests.
        I thank the prime minister for his condemnation of these shameful acts. Will the government intervene, if necessary, to ensure that those who engaged in such shameful behaviour feel the full force of the law with custodial sentences issued where necessary?

ReputationRep:
        PMQ's is closed for more questions, but the thread is being kept open to allow Nothos to answer any outstanding ones.

ReputationRep:

It is of course the eventual aim to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, but not until the time is right.

This question is more about private party matters than anything pertaining to the government, and as it is a private party matter, I shall be keeping it private.

I must wonder where the honourable member is getting the idea that the media is not covering the issue of those injured in the protest. Of course the attack on the royal motorcade has been mentioned, but I feel the emphasis has been overwhelmingly on those protestors and police who were injured.
        overwhelmingly? is that what you call a side story these days, certainly the coverage I saw on Friday did its best to avoid mentioning injuries and to play up the royal motorcade "attack".

ReputationRep:
        I should comment on the lack of an answer to my previous week's question but I was making fun :p:

ReputationRep:
        Does the prime minister believe that the "time is right" when another 100 British Citizens have been killed as a result of the war?

ReputationRep:
        I should draw your attention to the post I made earlier, in that this thread is being kept open to allow Nothos to answer any questions that were outstanding at the time of my post, those being the Questions by Stricof and toronto353.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stricof)
        Will the Prime Minister be revealing his new cabinet?
        As an extension to this question - What change in ideological party policy (if any) will you be bringing to the house? Specific examples?
        I will be revealing the new cabinet by the end of this week. As for ideological shifts, I don't see much of that happening. There may be a new leader, but the party and the coalition is still made up of the same members whose views have not changed.

(Original post by toronto353)
        I thank the prime minister for his condemnation of these shameful acts. Will the government intervene, if necessary, to ensure that those who engaged in such shameful behaviour feel the full force of the law with custodial sentences issued where necessary?
        While I of course wish to see the full force of the law fall upon the heads of these people, I do not feel government intervention is the correct way for this to happen. Allow the police and the courts to deal with it as they see fit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.