Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like a girl with a boyfriend Watch

Ive never been in love before till now. The thing is, the girl I like has a boyfriend, though they are both in a LDR...

What should I do?

(I've cut things very short)

ReputationRep:
    She's got a boyfriend, so just admire her from a far and get over it.

Unless this shortened version is missing some very important parts?

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to play devils advocate and say make a move or at least make your intentions clear. I've said it once i've said it a thousand times, just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score. If she's happy shell decline and you can move on, if not :thumbsup:

I know she said that at times she felt her relationship with him was a little bit rocky and that they had had some problems.

The thing is, I have never felt so strongly about anyone before (and in a way I can't help thinking I could be a better boyfriend than him, even though that is obviously for her to decide) - so I don't know whether to "fight" for her, wait for them to break up, give up...
    I

Bump...? = (

I posted it quite late last night, and I don't want to be bothersome bumping up an old topic, but I really do want someadvice..

ReputationRep:
    A girl with a boyfriend shouldnt stop you tbh, unless the boyfriend is a friend of yours. If she's into you too, then my advice is to go along with liking her and make a move. Fair game imo. :]

ReputationRep:
    'like' means **** all.

(Original post by alexmason14)
    A girl with a boyfriend shouldnt stop you tbh, unless the boyfriend is a friend of yours. If she's into you too, then my advice is to go along with liking her and make a move. Fair game imo. :]
    I don't know her boyfriend, although I've seen pictures of him (due to University they are in a LDR).

(Original post by 786girl)
    'like' means **** all.
    I genuinely think I am falling for her... As in, in love. And I have done lots of things for her, some things which I'm not sure if her own boyfriend would do (but I don't know him so I cannot suppose or judge either).

ReputationRep:
    http://images1.memegenerator.net/Ima...e=Courage-Wolf

ReputationRep:
    You could inform her of your feelings in an understanding manner (that is, one that puts no pressure upon her to respond in a particular way) - or otherwise, keep them to yourself. She has told you that her current relationship has some problems, but that description is perhaps attributable to the majority of long-distance relationships, and that this one continues suggests at least a reasonable degree of commitment from both partners.

It is difficult. There is somebody that I think is perfect. She is busy with university, has a nice boyfriend to look after her - and is happy. Love is simply wanting another person to be happy, with yourself or with somebody else.

ReputationRep:
    Wait for her like john locke did

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.