Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Documentary covering Wikileaks. Really interesting.

Watch Here

ReputationRep:
    It is - watching it now

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Watching will edit later

Personally I find their commentary on the Apache video pointless and worthless. None of them are soldiers nor have any of them served in the military.

I also do not accept his for the greater god bull is justifying any reprisals against Afghani informants

They talk about how the reports are written. Well what the hell do you expect? These soldiers are fighting a war that does horrible things to the human minds and you expect some detailed emotional report?

Not surprised other insiders are turning against him. He really has gone on a US hate campaign.

ReputationRep:
    Watching now thanks

ReputationRep:
    Watching
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Bumping your thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

Not surprised other insiders are turning against him. He really has gone on a US hate campaign.
    Well what do you expect that the US be given praise ?

He is right, that whatever you do and no matter how much you try to hide it, it will be found out sooner or later and for that you will have to bear the consequences and this is information that we should all know about.

Slaughter is slaughter regardless of who it's done by. That could have been me or you there, how would you have liked it if it was you ? So please for the love of God don't be so judgemental and have a heart.

Which reminds me of some famous lines said by Malcom X and in this I'm for wikileaks as I'm for the truth.

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."
    — Malcolm X

:yy:

EDIT: Top Documentary
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    Well what do you expect that the US be given praise ?

He is right, that whatever you do and no matter how much you try to hide it, it will be found out sooner or later and for that you will have to bear the consequences and this is information that we should all know about.

Slaughter is slaughter regardless of who it's done by. That could have been me or you there, how would you have liked it if it was you ? So please for the love of God don't be so judgemental and have a heart.

Which reminds me of some famous lines said by Malcom X and in this I'm for wikileaks as I'm for the truth.

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."
    — Malcolm X

:yy:

There are far worse regime's than the US. Yes there should be US leaks of the things they do. But just focusing on one country makes a site that is meant to be based on exposing corrupt governments everywhere lose credibility.

All other files that used to be on Wikileaks have disappeared to be replaced by the Iraq war files and the diplomatic cable's. Might as well turn the site into USleaks

ReputationRep:
    subscribing. can't watch now.

BUMP as well :teehee:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    Watch this yesterday. Quite interesting. The underground Wikileaks bunker looks so :coma:
    I'm glad the documentary was centred around Wikileaks itself and not Assange.

Except that wasn't the reason that was given.

He turned into a dictator you think this has nothing to do with his attitude towards the US files?

All other files have since been taken off the site so he can focus solely on America
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    No, actually, I don't believe the two are inter-connected.
    They may both be legitimate criticism of wikileaks and Assange, but there is no reason what so ever to join the two hand in hand.
    If that was indeed their thinking, they would have said it in one sentence, they have no reason to hide it
    They claim he was acting like a predicator and they leave. Wikileaks then removes all files not related to the USA I'd say there is a link there

ReputationRep:
    Just watched. Was quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    They claim he was acting like a predicator and they leave. Wikileaks then removes all files not related to the USA I'd say there is a link there
    I guess your just be cynical here, it means nothing to be honest. As long as the truth is still coming out, its all good. You for the truth right ?

As for the others they have left the organisation and set up a similar platform based on promotion of the truth, so its all good, gives others the initiative that they can do something like this too

ReputationRep:
    Interesting documentary, a lot of content and told the background story of Wikileaks. I didn't even know it was going for 3 years!
    It annoys me that everyone seems to know about Julian Assange but not much about the information that is leaked, it's good that insiders have left and set up similar sites. The more the better imo.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Bump
    What did you think of it op?

Also did anyone watch The war you don't see on itv1 yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Team Anonymous ftw.
    :yep:

I got negged for saying I disliked Michael McIntyre. TSR :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyhigh!)
    :yep:

I got negged for saying I disliked Michael McIntyre. TSR :rolleyes:
    People are lame, and abuse it. I will +rep you when my reps are redeemed as I like Mcintyre

Thanks for your comment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.