Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought this might be a good place to get some opinions on something like this...

Basically i've been growing my hair for the last couple of years, although my hairs pretty wavy and decided that my current style isn't really doing much for me...

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/99456018.jpg/

Would be great to get some styling suggesstions which still allow me to keep my hair "longish" but above shoulder length.
    its a long shot but i'd like a hairstyle similar to the one josh holloways got going here:
    http://deepwarriors.com/wp-content/u...h-Holloway.jpg

...but im not sure if that would work as my hair would probably curl too much around the sides. Although i've been thinking about a similar style that means the top is the same length but the sides and back are shorter, with the long part of my hair is "swept back". Althoiugh im not sure..

Apart from this, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Your hair is a good length, but both your current style and Josh Holloway's lack depth or identity - go with something that will give you lots of choppy layers while taking advantage of the waves.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, mind posting an example pic of what ur talking about? Would e great if i could use my "waves" to my advantage lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks fine as it is, although I would personally consider both lengths to be "medium" length...but that's definately because my hair is so long so my perception is skewed.

ReputationRep:
    Something like this would be easy to maintain and give you some identity, yet not draw you into a style which you may not be comfortable with.

http://coolmenshairstyles.com/images...-hairstyle.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4r...keithurban.jpg

After getting a cut, all you would need to do to achieve something like this is brush your hair from your right to left and apply a thin amount of wax to the back and sides, running your fingers through and lightly scrunching. Because you have waves, the style will be quite natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie8675309)
    Thought this might be a good place to get some opinions on something like this...

Basically i've been growing my hair for the last couple of years, although my hairs pretty wavy and decided that my current style isn't really doing much for me...

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/99456018.jpg/

Would be great to get some styling suggesstions which still allow me to keep my hair "longish" but above shoulder length.
    its a long shot but i'd like a hairstyle similar to the one josh holloways got going here:
    http://deepwarriors.com/wp-content/u...h-Holloway.jpg

...but im not sure if that would work as my hair would probably curl too much around the sides. Although i've been thinking about a similar style that means the top is the same length but the sides and back are shorter, with the long part of my hair is "swept back". Althoiugh im not sure..

Apart from this, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Get A bobble! no being serious ****ing cut it

ReputationRep:
    You look way older than 18, I dont know what to say.....

Long hair like that will make you look a lot older than what you really are.
    Have you tried a shorter hair cut? I honestly think you'll look a lot better with shorter hair.

But i guess you like your hair long, you have dark hair..so im guessing something like this (with hair like that.. you'll have to get some sort of layers at the bottom and either straighten or apply products to keep the ends straight, you'll also need to add a lot of volume.. because your hair looks pretty flat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When will I know?)
    You look way older than 18, I dont know what to say.....

Long hair like that will make you look a lot older than what you really are.
    Have you tried a shorter hair cut? I honestly think you'll look a lot better with shorter hair.

But i guess you like your hair long, you have dark hair..so im guessing something like this (with hair like that.. you'll have to get some sort of layers at the bottom and either straighten or apply products to keep the ends straight, you'll also need to add a lot of volume.. because your hair looks pretty flat:

Hmm, not bad, a style that might suit my hair, plus its would work short. think i get what u mean about a lack of "volume". i was using straightening cream a month ago, although stopped cause the chore of drying my hair was a bit too much, but mainly cause it made my hair look unnatural, straighteners would be the same.

(Original post by Roo Bix)
    Something like this would be easy to maintain and give you some identity, yet not draw you into a style which you may not be comfortable with.

http://coolmenshairstyles.com/images...-hairstyle.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4r...keithurban.jpg

After getting a cut, all you would need to do to achieve something like this is brush your hair from your right to left and apply a thin amount of wax to the back and sides, running your fingers through and lightly scrunching. Because you have waves, the style will be quite natural.
    interesting suggestion, i can see where your coming from in that it would look "natural" for me, although the style doesn't really grab me too much.

I'd be interesteed to hear what you think about Whenwilliknow's style, do u think it would work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie8675309)
    Hmm, not bad, a style that might suit my hair, plus its would work short. think i get what u mean about a lack of "volume". i was using straightening cream a month ago, although stopped cause the chore of drying my hair was a bit too much, but mainly cause it made my hair look unnatural, straighteners would be the same.

interesting suggestion, i can see where your coming from in that it would look "natural" for me, although the style doesn't really grab me too much.

I'd be interesteed to hear what you think about Whenwilliknow's style, do u think it would work?
    I think that WhenWillIKnow's comment on longer hair making you look older is partially accurate, though it's all about style. That style posted above isn't too bad, thought for those kind of curls I would bet on having to get some serum, which can be expensive. It's combed back, it isn't too bad.

But both that style and the Josh Holloway just lacks identity. It's plain. It works well for Josh Holloway because he is older, imo. He has good, rusty authentic facial hair that compliments his face, his hair is also fair and light, which creates contrast.

Mixing it up with some jagged layers is the way to go. It will take you from a flat, volume-less style to an easily, effective maintainable style.

ReputationRep:
    Well i can see where your coming from saying that, i don't think it would look as "unique" on me. cheers for the honest advice

wouldn't mind if u could post some more photos of similar styles that would siut my type of hair, the 2nd link u posted is ok but not great, don't know if its the guy or not

ReputationRep:
    kill it with fire?

ReputationRep:
    dislike hair this long on guys tbh, this is how I had my hair when it was longer

though mine was a few inches shorter than this, mines about half the length it use to be now, can't do any sport if you have a fringe that gets into your eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    dislike hair this long on guys tbh, this is how I had my hair when it was longer

though mine was a few inches shorter than this, mines about half the length it use to be now, can't do any sport if you have a fringe that gets into your eyes
    Thats where a headband comes in handy. a couple of other guys where saying they cut their hair cause their hair was in the way, just like yours is, they obviously hated hats/bandanas lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mate you are a very stale and dry person. my advice, get a shower, use shampoo, get it cut to medium, layered on top, looking Fr3$sh for the ladiessss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.