Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it immoral to not like children? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you like children? If so, how do you view those who do not?

ReputationRep:
    no peedo

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I actually read the title as "Is it Immortal not to like children?"

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I like them with toast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    I actually read the title as "Is it Immortal not to like children?"
    Same

• Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I like my own children. When they're not being pains in the butt lol. I love them unconditionally regardless of their actions, but I LIKE them when they're being pleasant.

Other peoples children....well the ones on this street do my head in. It depends on the child. Babies are generally quite sweet. Children can be little brats though, it depends on many factors.
    There's a 9 year old that lives on this street, and her 3 year old sister, and both of them want a good smack if you ask me, they're little ****s.
    On the other hand there's an 8 year old that lives on this street also, and she's very nice.

Most babies are generally sweet though, because they haven't learnt how to be pests lol.

I think a lot of it is to do with the parents, although even the best parents in the world can't make a child be good 100% of the time. Certainly in the example I gave above, of the 9 and 3 year olds, their mother is a major factor in the way they act. She's a flipping useless mother. She locks the 9 year old out of the house at all hours. The girl was locked out the other night at 9.45pm, it was freezing outside and pitch black, it's bloody ludicrous. So of course the lass goes around playing knock-a-door-run, and shrieking like a sodding banshee, and mucking about in peoples gardens. I blame the mother entirely.

ReputationRep:
    I like them from newborn to Year 2 and then not again until Year 6 onwards
    Some are nice and some are right ***** same as adults

ReputationRep:
    I don't generally like kids. I worked on the home and kids department of Debenhams for a year and when there's an entire floor of screaming toddlers with self-obsessed mothers . . . well, it's not exactly the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

However, there were some little angels occasionally who made me go "awww", and I love my toddler cousin unconditionally.

ReputationRep:
    I have 26 cousins, most of whom are younger than me, and we're a pretty close family, so I sort of have no choice but to like kids :p:

ReputationRep:
    I tend to dislike children. my son seems to be the exception. but I think my niece is the spawn of Satan. my son is adorable, though. not that I'm biased...

ReputationRep:
    Morality is relative etc. snore.

I don't mind whether people like children or not. I probably find women more attractive if they like children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Same

Woah that's crazy, I was watching House at the time and am watching it now :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Do you like children? If so, how do you view those who do not?
    No it's not immoral. Little brats...especially the little chav brats with their chav parents mother.... brats.

ReputationRep:
    I like children - I can do fun stuff - like take them to theme parks, I like to see them happy

ReputationRep:
    I hope not, because I don't like them. Although weirdly they love me and will follow me around for hours happily whilst I try and ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Its perfectly understandable and lots of people dislike kids. :/

Disliking your own kids might be a bit much and acting on dislike in a proactive fashion where you harm kids is just not cricket but yeah.

We were all without fail kids at some point, so just remember, everyone has to go through childhood before we hopefully gain maturity in adulthood.

(Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I hope not, because I don't like them. Although weirdly they love me and will follow me around for hours happily whilst I try and ignore them.
    I dunno, as a rule I claim to dislike kids but I've been known to go against that, and I've been known to smile at babies, not often but sometimes even I can't resist their stupid goofy smiling innocent faces for long.

I'd probably feel compelled to help a kid find their parents, and worst of all, someone once accused me of...of...*gulps back the vomit* probably ending up as a good dad. ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Its perfectly understandable and lots of people dislike kids. :/

Disliking your own kids might be a bit much and acting on dislike in a proactive fashion where you harm kids is just not cricket but yeah.

We were all without fail kids at some point, so just remember, everyone has to go through childhood before we hopefully gain maturity in adulthood.

I dunno, as a rule I claim to dislike kids but I've been known to go against that, and I've been known to smile at babies, not often but sometimes even I can't resist their stupid goofy smiling innocent faces for long.

I'd probably feel compelled to help a kid find their parents, and worst of all, someone once accused me of...of...*gulps back the vomit* probably ending up as a good dad. ]
    :rofl:

Kids annoy me greatly.

ReputationRep:
      It's immoral to like them too much.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.