Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

learning to trust in a relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a relationship for 2 months, I see him everyday, and the days we don't see each other we ring each other. I love him and he loves me and we're great together.. support each other, make each other happy/laugh.. have a great sex life etc.
    Only problem is that i was cheated on in my relationship.. my ex told me he loved me, that i meant the world to him and when i said it back i meant it.. he then cheated on me and told me he just used me for sex and could'nt stand me. I know i shouldn't keep sayn to myself 'well if i believed him my boyfriend now could be lying aswel' but i just can't help it, i get parnoid.. scared that he is going to leave me and hurt me i've tried to leave him and just hugs me and tells me he knows im just scared and to trust him but the thing is i can't keep doing this, he doesn't deserve this and i know i'm going to end up driving him away.. how do i learn to trust him.. his the most amazing guy i've ever met. the reason i believe he loves me is because he puts up with my constant paranoia but i have to stop... please help!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Loving someone after two months...highly unlikely!

Way I regained trust after ****ty relationships (cheating etc.) was through taking my next relationships incredibly slowly, and just rebuilding myself too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmieeDaniels)
    I've been in a relationship for 2 months, I see him everyday, and the days we don't see each other we ring each other. I love him and he loves me and we're great together.. support each other, make each other happy/laugh.. have a great sex life etc.
    Only problem is that i was cheated on in my relationship.. my ex told me he loved me, that i meant the world to him and when i said it back i meant it.. he then cheated on me and told me he just used me for sex and could'nt stand me. I know i shouldn't keep sayn to myself 'well if i believed him my boyfriend now could be lying aswel' but i just can't help it, i get parnoid.. scared that he is going to leave me and hurt me i've tried to leave him and just hugs me and tells me he knows im just scared and to trust him but the thing is i can't keep doing this, he doesn't deserve this and i know i'm going to end up driving him away.. how do i learn to trust him.. his the most amazing guy i've ever met. the reason i believe he loves me is because he puts up with my constant paranoia but i have to stop... please help!
    well think about it this way...I don't think he'd put up with u if he was just looking for sex

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you'll trust him slowly you wont even notice it.
    Just don't act on your paranoia if you don't want to drive him away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.