Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    long story short

I meet this girl, we get along amazingly well, like scarily well.

We dated and were together for 6 months and I should emphasize that some might say it's not that long but we communicated a lot, not just in duration but depth.

We only had to end things because her parents hate me and gave her the option of him or them. reason being we are of opposing religions and both our parents are very religious (roman catholic and islam)

She is very close to her family and could never leave them even if they are giving me no chance and hating me because I was born different.

Now, I've moved on to a degree in that it's not affecting my day-to-day life, my work is fine, etc ..

I just tend to spend nights awake, wondering what could have been and I get the sense that I can never be truly happy without her? that no girl would ever match her? and on the other side, what girl would love me? she was the first person that loved me for me, I have a lot of 'foibles' and people find it hard to relate to me, and I always end up friend-zoned etc ..

Does it ever go away? I mean the sense of, what your live could have been like? BTW it's been about 2 months since we had to end things if you were wondering.

ReputationRep:
    I remember being in a similar situation when I broke up with my first proper girlfriend. I loved her to bits and when she dumped me it ruined me. But time does make it better man, and you'll realise that there are so many people out there that are just as good as her in their own way.

Your mind will move on and so will your heart. Just use this experience to help yourself grow as a person and realise that this will happen even more in the future.

Give it a few years and a couple of spent relationships, and this girl will be just another memory you can look back fondly upon

ReputationRep:
    ^^ ditto.

time should take care of it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.