The Student Room Group

I think my tooth is falling out!

Basically what it says in the title. And i'm terrified.

I've never had much luck with my teeth. No matter how much I try to look after them, the dentist always finds a new problem. He did comment saying my teeth are quite soft which would explain why they often break away/need a filling.

But recently i've noticed my mouth feels different when it's closed, like i'm suddenly aware of my teeth on the right hand side. So I looked it up on the net and it appears it could be gum disease. Plus, I have this tooth at the front which i'm convinced is going to fall out. I have no proof that it's moving (though I do keep checking in the mirror to see if it's in the same place), and it's like I can feel it (the root, it's constantly tingling). And it's making me worry, i'm going to look like such a freak if it falls out.

Before anyone says go to the dentist. I know I need to go. But at the moment I don't qualify for free dental care (need to fill out the forms), which I plan on doing when I go back home for Christmas, but until then, i'm worrying like crazy. Has anyone ever had anything like this? I reckon I could cope if it was a back tooth, but it's right at the front on the bottom :frown:

Any advice besides visit a dentist?
Original post by CookieDoughLove

Original post by CookieDoughLove
Basically what it says in the title. And i'm terrified.

I've never had much luck with my teeth. No matter how much I try to look after them, the dentist always finds a new problem. He did comment saying my teeth are quite soft which would explain why they often break away/need a filling.

But recently i've noticed my mouth feels different when it's closed, like i'm suddenly aware of my teeth on the right hand side. So I looked it up on the net and it appears it could be gum disease. Plus, I have this tooth at the front which i'm convinced is going to fall out. I have no proof that it's moving (though I do keep checking in the mirror to see if it's in the same place), and it's like I can feel it (the root, it's constantly tingling). And it's making me worry, i'm going to look like such a freak if it falls out.

Before anyone says go to the dentist. I know I need to go. But at the moment I don't qualify for free dental care (need to fill out the forms), which I plan on doing when I go back home for Christmas, but until then, i'm worrying like crazy. Has anyone ever had anything like this? I reckon I could cope if it was a back tooth, but it's right at the front on the bottom :frown:

Any advice besides visit a dentist?

You just feel that. Sometimes when i try and move my tooth a bit, i feel like its moving, it does but it didn't fell out or something. Im wearing braces (If it makes any difference) but still, it may or may not fall out. Maybe its just psychological because you worry too much about looking weird. :p:
Reply 2
is not scurvy?if yes you need more vitamin c, i think that will help.i hope so..
Get some Corsidol mouth wash and use that if you have a bit of gum disease as that's the number one cause of adult tooth loss. Or even listerine just not tesco value stuff and brush your teeth 2 times a day, not more as over brushing is just as bad as not brushing at all.
Original post by $tar£reaker
Get some Corsidol mouth wash and use that if you have a bit of gum disease as that's the number one cause of adult tooth loss. Or even listerine just not tesco value stuff and brush your teeth 2 times a day, not more as over brushing is just as bad as not brushing at all.

I only ever do them two times a day, always have done. Doesn't seem to do much good for me, haha!

I'll try that mouth wash stuff out, thanks for the advice! I plan on going to the dentist ASAP of course! :smile:
Reply 5
You're probably eating too much cookie dough! :ahee:
I actually miss those times. where i'd get excited about my tooth falling out. (baby teeth)

But if its your second teeth, id be worried too. You could be doing something you're not suppose to?

Make sure you give your gums a good brush too:smile:
OP go to the dentist, it sounds worrying. Maybe you can get your money back when you send the receipts with the forms, find out at you dentists reception.

Quick Reply

Latest