Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all
    Im 18 , and it seems the more sleep i get the more tired i am in the morning!
    For example , if i goto bed at 11 and get up at 7 im knackered all day. But if i goto bed at 12 and get up at 7 and far more alert.

So yeah , just wondering what time people here go to sleep and get up?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I sleep at 2-3am in the morning and get up at 5:30am to go to work until 3pm.
    And then when i get home i nap for 1-2 hours. My sleeping pattern is weird and unhealthy. Its just really hard to sleep when you're not sleepy.

ReputationRep:
    I usually go to sleep at about 11 and then get up at 5.30. I probably sleep the reccomended amount of hours but I do get realllllly tired. I think it just depends on how active you are throughout the day. But you may find that the reason you feel more tired when you sleep longer is because you fall into a deeper sleep, and then it's harder to wake from that. I'm not a doctor though so I can't be sure.

ReputationRep:
    I usually sleep at 12-1 and get up at 6:30-7. Yeah I do find that I get more tired if I sleep more, not quite sure why. I usually nap for about 5 minutes on the bus ride home, but other than that I don't sleep during the day at all.

ReputationRep:
    I always set my alarm to get up for ether o' clock but inevitably sleep in and lose my way.

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep:- 10:15pm.
    Get up:- 7:20am.

Feel very fresh and awake in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    During the week I sleep 12-7.30, and on the weekend I let myself have a sleep in, so 12-1ish I sleep and then 9-9.30-ish I wake up

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school I had no choice. Had to be up at 5am so I could get a lift to the bus stop (I live 2 miles from the nearest).

Also had to go to bed at midnight because I worked most nights sticking up skittles. Luckily my brother went to the same school and he was able to go to bed earlier - he was able to wake me up when I inevitably fell asleep on the bus.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies!
    Quite a varied number of hours!
    Im hoping to find the perfect amount soon , but another question :

What are some good tips for waking yourself up in the morning and giving yourself a 'boost'? Are there any good foods/drinks or activities? I tried using our rowing machine before school , but i felt ill as i was doing it on an empty stomach! *facepalm* xD

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    ha! sleep, I remember that

at the moment I have some kick, and some monster, keeping me going trying to get my files and **** ready for final moderation tomorrow

why oh why did I leave it til the last minute?

ReputationRep:
    meh, I usually wander upstairs at about 11.00 or 12.00 but I haven sleeping problems so some nights I sleep straight the way but last night it took me hours to get to sleep.

it depends what time I wake up, most school days I wake up/get up at 6:30 but others its like 7:30 or 8.00

weekends I aim to be up for 9.00-10.00

ReputationRep:
    go to bed between 7 and 11am, awake at 5pm.

no i ain't no student.

ReputationRep:
    I go to sleep at around 11 and then wake up at 6.30, I hate waking up but I dont really feel tired throughout the day!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.