Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've recently been accepted at Liverpool, Northumbria, York St. John's and i've got an interview at Huddersfield tomorrow (i only made four choices). Untill this month i was certain i'd attend Liverpool (isn't a met/and is quite a respectable uni).
    However, i think the accomodation, the staff and the facilities wern't as good as some others e.g. York and Northumbria... Would going to Liverpool really increase my job prospects?
    If anyone could help i'd be really greatful!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopho831)
    I've recently been accepted at Liverpool, Northumbria, York St. John's and i've got an interview at Huddersfield tomorrow (i only made four choices). Untill this month i was certain i'd attend Liverpool (isn't a met/and is quite a respectable uni).
    However, i think the accomodation, the staff and the facilities wern't as good as some others e.g. York and Northumbria... Would going to Liverpool really increase my job prospects?
    If anyone could help i'd be really greatful!! xxx
    hi Sopho831
    You have chosen very highly regarded universities for Occupational therapy degree course.Liverpool university has a very highly repupatable reputation for his health degree course and getting a degree from there i would think would help u but at the end of the day Sopho831 only you can decided where u wish to spend the next 3 years studying and living.Good luck with it whatever u decide

ReputationRep:
    Awwwh! Thankyou!
    Everyone keeps saying that it's only me who can decide but i just need opinions on what to do Does a degree at Liverpool stand me in much better sted job wise that Northumbria for example? If it would then i'll deffo go to Liverpool but if not theres no way... i mean it would mean me moving 3 hours train ride away from my family and partner and might have to comprimise with facilities etc.
    Thanks again for your help!!! What would you do? xxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopho831)
    Awwwh! Thankyou!
    Everyone keeps saying that it's only me who can decide but i just need opinions on what to do Does a degree at Liverpool stand me in much better sted job wise that Northumbria for example? If it would then i'll deffo go to Liverpool but if not theres no way... i mean it would mean me moving 3 hours train ride away from my family and partner and might have to comprimise with facilities etc.
    Thanks again for your help!!! What would you do? xxx
    Hi, I think you should go where you feel you would be happiest studying and could see yourself fitting in better. IMO you sound quite taken with Northumbria and have made quite a few negative points about Liverpool so it seems deep down you prob already know where you want to go really. With this kind of degree I would think they are quite standard across the board so it shouldn't matter too much where you study it as long as you like it and get the qualification. As well as the facilities maybe think about placements and where you may get sent to etc.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I'm an student OT at Liverpool!

Don't choose a Uni because of reputation, what about the city itself etc you're living there for 3 years. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where you go, as long as you make the most of your experience!

ReputationRep:
    AWESOME! You're just the person i should be speaking to! Are you enjoying the course at Liverpool? I've read a few articles suggesting that students should chose to study at John Moore's rather than the actual Liverpool Uni... What are your thoughts on this?
    Thanks ever so much! xx

ReputationRep:
    I turned down an interview at Cardiff cause I knew it wasn't where I wanted to study.
    I dismissed Southampton's offer.
    I ended up going to Brookes, my firm. And I am SOOOOOO glad I did.

Choose where you can see yourself studying for three years, not where you think your degree has more value.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i've aplied for OT at liverpool i havent heard back yet but it looks good, i think you should choose the uni because youi like it not coz of its rep but thats just my view

ReputationRep:
    im an OT student at York St John and i think the best thing to do is to pick the city where you would prefer to live for the duration of your course as this is a really important factor... and is also the reason why i picked york!. no matter which uni you pick you're still going to become an OT but your overall uni experiences will vary in each city.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.