Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Miley Cyrus caught with bong Watch

ReputationRep:
    Miley Cyrus has been caught taking hits from a bong. Source: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/12...e-you-shocked/

This comes only weeks after she was caught underage drinking in Spain recently. She's also been seen with a cigarette in her mouth in candid photos.

Is this clean cut, young lady who usually portrays the image of the sweet little girl next door now taking things too far and being a bad role model for the young audience she is popular with? Or are the media just over-reacting?

ReputationRep:
    All this shows me is that she's normal, I guess unlike you.. who kind of sounds like an uptight, naive, celebrity obsessed megalomaniac. No offence.

ReputationRep:
    repost

ReputationRep:
    The next Lindsay Lohan. :yes::bong:

ReputationRep:
    First of all isn't she 18 anyway? So drinking in Spain wouldn't be underage. Plus, Salvia is legal in whatever state she was in at the time (is it California? I forget). Not that I like the girl, but she's obviously trying to make a point (i.e. she wants to shift her image)...

Plus it looks like a lot of fun. Rather smoke a bong with Miley than praise the Lord with the Jonas Bros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)
    she was caught underage drinking in Spain
    Pretty sure the drinking age in spain is 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonheart)
    First of all isn't she 18 anyway? Drinking in Spain wouldn't be underage anyway. Plus, Salvia is legal in whatever state she was in at the time (is it California? I forget). Not that I like the girl, but she's obviously trying to make a point (i.e. she wants to shift her image)...

Plus it looks like a lot of fun. Rather smoke a bong with Miley than praise the Lord with the Jonas Bros.
    No she's only just turned 18. She was 17 when caught drinking. She shouldn't be doing bad things like that in my opinion. She should be setting a good example to people because she's famous.

ReputationRep:
    *Newsflash: World in shock as news of teenager using a bong and underage drinking is revealed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuckoo91)
    All this shows me is that she's normal, I guess unlike you.. who kind of sounds like an uptight, naive, celebrity obsessed megalomaniac. No offence.
    She's suppose to be a role model. When you were little didn't you want to be like someone famous?

ReputationRep:
    Like other people have previously posted, she's 18 so she can drink in Spain if she wants to its perfectly legal there.
    I think it is kind of sad really, she is doing the things that stars like Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan have done before her. Makes me sad really, I personally don't like her music/tv/films really but I thought she was a sweet enough girl when she was younger. Everything she is doing is legal atm, but it's not a good sign

ReputationRep:
    No she's only just turned 18. She was 17 when caught drinking. She shouldn't be doing bad things like that in my opinion. She should be setting a good example to people because she's famous.
    Drinking in Spain is legal from 16, and the law is so loosely enforced that you can usually drink under that age; no one really cares.

ReputationRep:
    Miley Cyrus has been caught taking hits from a bong. Source: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/12...e-you-shocked/

This comes only weeks after she was caught underage drinking in Spain recently. She's also been seen with a cigarette in her mouth in candid photos.

Is this clean cut, young lady who usually portrays the image of the sweet little girl next door now taking things too far and being a bad role model for the young audience she is popular with? Or are the media just over-reacting?
    Is she not eighteen yet?

ReputationRep:
    Meh who cares

ReputationRep:
    You mean to say some teenagers do drugs and partake in underage drinking!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

I've never understood the mentality that because someone is famous, they have to be straight edge. I mean obviously you shouldn't really publicise illegal activites, but a. the drinking age in spain is 16 - not illegal and b. salvia is not illegal in most places. OK, maybe she's setting a bad example for her tween/teenage fans, but maybe she wants to move away from that whole scene anyway.

ReputationRep:
    None of what she did was illegal... Drinking age is 16 in Spain and Salvia is legal in California. Don't see what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    it's a shame it wasn't my bong

ReputationRep:
    The drinking isn't a problem - I was under the impression it was 16 to drink in Spain too, so it's not like it's a massive deal.
    Also, smoking a cigarette isn't a massive deal.

Just smoking from a bong, and getting it filmed is ****ing stupid. I know some teenagers experiment with drugs and it's deemed to be normal but she's meant to be a role model to young girls so she should really think about that.

If she wants to get high, she shouldn't be stupid enough to let a video leak out about it. She's going to become the next Britney Spears probably, but fall from grace younger than she did.

ReputationRep:
    Have u seen the video? She is actually scary in it :/ looks demented .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    You mean to say some teenagers do drugs and partake in underage drinking!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

I've never understood the mentality that because someone is famous, they have to be straight edge. I mean obviously you shouldn't really publicise illegal activites, but a. the drinking age in spain is 16 - not illegal and b. salvia is not illegal in most places. OK, maybe she's setting a bad example for her tween/teenage fans, but maybe she wants to move away from that whole scene anyway.
    She's American though, and therefore it's frowned upon to be caught drinking at the age of 17 even if it is in another country, it's a bad role model to her fans.

Well, she's been caught out and had the truth revealed now so it's her own fault.

ReputationRep:
    If celebrities like Miley Cyrus are a kid's role model, they're already screwed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.