Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I'm doing AS biology with OCR. The following things I havent found in the spec but have been on recent exam papers or i'm lead to believe we have to know them by my teacher. But its not on the current spec? So do we have to learn the following:

1) How bacteria cause food spoilage Not on syllabus but on previous exam questions

2) Why food spoils at high temperatures Not on syllabus but on previous exam questions

3) How enzymes are involved in each stage of the digestion process. Not on syllabus but on previous exam questions

4) Ways of taking samples (e.g. pitfall trap etc) Not on syllabus or prev exam questions

5) And anything about the conservation such as insitu, exsitu, reasons for conservation, consequences of global warming on biodiversity, benefits of conservation, captive breeding(?), botanic gardens, and all this about CITES,rio convention of biodiversity, EIA This is on the syllabus, we did an assignment on all of this lot but it has only appeared on one question in the past 3 years and i don't know whether i need to know everything

Btw i intended to ask my teacher about this too but thought id ask here first. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robpattinsonxxx)
    Hi guys. I'm doing AS biology with OCR. The following things I havent found in the spec but have been on recent exam papers or i'm lead to believe we have to know them by my teacher. But its not on the current spec? So do we have to learn the following:

1) How bacteria cause food spoilage Not on syllabus but on previous exam questions

2) Why food spoils at high temperatures Not on syllabus but on previous exam questions

3) How enzymes are involved in each stage of the digestion process. Not on syllabus but on previous exam questions

4) Ways of taking samples (e.g. pitfall trap etc) Not on syllabus or prev exam questions

5) And anything about the conservation such as insitu, exsitu, reasons for conservation, consequences of global warming on biodiversity, benefits of conservation, captive breeding(?), botanic gardens, and all this about CITES,rio convention of biodiversity, EIA This is on the syllabus, we did an assignment on all of this lot but it has only appeared on one question in the past 3 years and i don't know whether i need to know everything

Btw i intended to ask my teacher about this too but thought id ask here first. Thanks

i do OCR and have also noticed this
    i honestly have no idea, but i would just try to email OCR and ask them
    also ask your teacher
    it isn't fair to throw questions not in the spec
    but read around the subject
    a/s as well
    did your graph in the quantitative curve?:P

ReputationRep:
    Oh right how do i email them?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.