Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you fancy an older/mature student at uni? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered, would you ever fancy an older/mature student at uni, say someone who was returning to education at a later age to study? I mean someone who is like 25, 30 or 35 years old, when you are between 18 and 22.

ReputationRep:
    that really is an individual question and depends on the person and personality etc. the answer is it depends on the person, so sure why not?
    why are u asking? are u 18-22 and fancy someone older or u wanna start uni and look for someone in the age of 18-22?? or are u just trolling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizzCupcakes)
    that really is an individual question and depends on the person and personality etc. the answer is it depends on the person, so sure why not?
    why are u asking? are u 18-22 and fancy someone older or u wanna start uni and look for someone in the age of 18-22?? or are u just trolling?
    I'm in that older age range I mentioned and there's a possibility I will be making a return to uni to study foreign languages next year, and I was curious what the attitude to mature students is basically. I definitely prefer girls in the range 18 - 22, though wouldn't count out a women in her mid to late 20s either if she was decent enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)
    I'm in that older age range and there's a possibility I will be making a return to uni to study foreign languages next year, and I was curious what the attitude to mature students is basically. I definitely prefer girls in the range 18 - 22, though wouldn't count out a women in her mid to late 20s either if she was decent enough.
    Mature students are not frowned upon, most students at my course are between 20 and 25...
    the only thing that will be questionable is if u're going there to meet girls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizzCupcakes)
    Mature students are not frowned upon, most students at my course are between 20 and 25...
    the only thing that will be questionable is if u're going there to meet girls...
    I'm not going there 'to meet girls', I'm going there to study but of course I'll be wanting to meet girls there as well like any normal guy would.

ReputationRep:
    it's okay, but most of the girls will choose guys in the same age range instead of the older guys

ReputationRep:
    Well my mum and my dad met at uni, she was 19 and he was a mature student and was 29, they got married a few years later and are still together now so I'd say it's definitely possible Personally I wouldn't mind an age gap, obviously not a 40 year old but I'd go up to about 10 years older.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. 25 would be a push.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered, would you ever fancy an older/mature student at uni, say someone who was returning to education at a later age to study? I mean someone who is like 25, 30 or 35 years old, when you are between 18 and 22.
    The age wouldn't put me off, although attraction obviously depends on what you're like.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I like a guy on my course that's 24 (a year older than my older sister :mmm:) and I'm 18. It's not unheard of, however, most people tend to have an upper limit. Like mine is generally no more than 10 years older, and even at 8/9/10 years I'd have some doubts.

ReputationRep:
    What's the big deal with a big age difference? Most of my friends are above 20 (I'm 16). 2 of my closest friends are older than my parents.

As for relationships, it's complete B.S. when people argue that an older guy will have more 'demands'. It really depends on the guy himself. Not the goddamn age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanSoul)
    What's the big deal with a big age difference? Most of my friends are above 20 (I'm 16). 2 of my closest friends are older than my parents.

As for relationships, it's complete B.S. when people argue that an older guy will have more 'demands'. It really depends on the guy himself. Not the goddamn age.
    something about your comments intrigues me.....I like the way you sound...

ReputationRep:
    hey mate, I doubt if your age will be a factor... I think personality and looks is probably more important... Most likely, most girls might find you attractive for being older...especially if you have the looks..

I already have a masters but will be going back to school, in 2011 for medicine..... personally, although I am not really going to look for girls, I am not worried about my age either.. ( btw I am 26)..However, it should be interesting to be in the midst of university "kids" all over again....

Bottom line, just be yourself... and oh, make sure you dont make yourself look like an old perv by being "too chatty" with your "colleagues"......

ReputationRep:
    no 18-35 massive difference

but if your 22 and he's 25 it's perfect

ranges change quite a lot.it'll be better if you say like exact ge..

ReputationRep:
    Yes...I prefer older men. Normally exhchange students :mmm:
    I liked a 25 year old guy last year when I was 18.

ReputationRep:
    Personally age isn't really a huge issue for me. I generally prefer guys who are older than myself. If you were a nice enough person and we got on then the age would be a draw back for me.

My father on the other hand wouldn't approve but then that's fathers for you! Looking out for their daughters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int_applicant)
    something about your comments intrigues me.....I like the way you sound...
    You've pulled.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Wee bit of a silver fox are ya? Personally wouldn't bother me... As others have said.. It totally depends on who's involved/personalities etc... x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    You've pulled.
    ???

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.