Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Possible Male Yeast Infection (tad graphic desc.) Watch

(Anon or delete)

So the last week I've been on antibiotics due to a gum infection (dentist). Also, since Friday, I've been suffering with the flu. Yesterday I discovered some white bits under my foreskin, so naturally jumped in the shower straight away and they went....only to reappear a few hours later when I checked. Also my penis is very dry, to the point that it is nearly painful to retract the foreskin as it's sticking to the penis underneath (which is also dry and painful).

Looking at the symptoms online, it appears to be a yeast infection (also common after antibiotics/low immune system).

Basically, I just want to know if there's anything I can get over the counter to clear it? Obviously is there isn't, or if it continues, I would see a doctor, but I'd prefer to get it sorted quickly and as anonymously as possible.

Also, is there any other males who've had this too, as I can only ever seem to find females via search on here :\

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi yes that sounds very similar to a yeast infection, although im female i have had it and its known as thrush.
    I went to the doctors when i found out but purely because the treatment is free on the NHS whereas in shops decent anitbitoics for it are from 10 pound plus. I had to take one pill and then use cream to soothe for 7 days but it disappeared within 2 days for me. Obviously im female so it will be different but from what i know its the same one pill you take and that clears it up. I would visit your doctor if this is the first time for a second opinion but you can buy over the counter treatment. Hope this helps x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.