Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday my phone fell in water and I didn't take all of the cover off in time, I just left it because it wasn't totally drenched. Just a drink spilt on it. Now it's not coming on after 24 hours and I've tried drying it with a window open all night as well as a hair dryer etc. (Whilst writing this my phone just turned on, on it's own but crashed on the load up screen )

If I do get a new phone, how can I keep all of my numbers and all of my credit without being able to get in to the phone which won't turn on?

I also have O2 Unlimited, so will I be able to keep that too?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Try putting it in a bag of rice.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a joke or constructive advice xD

ReputationRep:
    Its constructive advice as the rice absorbs the moisture, so it might make your phone work again.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amstead)
    Try putting it in a bag of rice.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Waste of rice, no help......

ReputationRep:
    Your credit isn't tied to the handset, just take the SIM card out of the back and pop it in a new phone. Most phones back up the contacts to the SIM card so you may be in luck on that front too.

Unless you're in America or China and have a CDMA handset than you're not going to lose any of your credit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.