Turn on thread page Beta

Premium Bonds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Bonds. Premium Bonds. I'm thinking of buying some.

Is it a sound investment/gamble? Or is my money better off somewhere else? Any advice?

J.

ReputationRep:
    Premium Bonds, like the Lottery, is known as "The Stupid Tax". It certainly isn't a sound investment.

With the dollar so weak, I would recommend dabbling in the forex markets - buy a stash of greenbacks and just wait for their value to increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    Premium Bonds, like the Lottery, is known as "The Stupid Tax". It certainly isn't a sound investment.

With the dollar so weak, I would recommend dabbling in the forex markets - buy a stash of greenbacks and just wait for their value to increase.
    Well with Premium bonds you can't lose, you get the money back.

If you invest the maximum amount possible, you are likely to win everytime they have a draw.

However my knowledge on premium bonds is limited, so I can't really say.

It is a no risk, low gain strategy.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

If you invest the maximum amount possible, you are likely to win everytime they have a draw.

Adam
    pound for pound, you have more chance of winning on the lottery. u can get your money back, but that's all (no interest). it really isn't a real investment, it's a gimmicky thing for the same type of people who buy lottery tickets each week. if you want a proper no risk, low gain strategy put it in a goddamn high interest savings account!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    pound for pound, you have more chance of winning on the lottery. u can get your money back, but that's all (no interest). it really isn't a real investment, it's a gimmicky thing for the same type of people who buy lottery tickets each week. if you want a proper no risk, low gain strategy put it in a goddamn high interest savings account!!
    Kudos, but interest rates aren't that high at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Spread betting is an easy way of making money. If you know a subject/sport inside out you can make loads. Some people earn millions a year betting on football and rugby games on tv alone.

I disagree with anybody who says gambling is wrong. Stock brokers are professional gamblers and that says it alll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

Adam
    likely to win everytime there is a draw? You're having a larf aren't you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    likely to win everytime there is a draw? You're having a larf aren't you???
    Agreed, but the more you buy the better chance you win, like people said its the governments version of the lottery.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.