Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help guys.... I've started a romantic kinda short story and iv let it get away from me.... and now i have totally no idea how to take it forward... I need an idea as to why you would tell someone you didnt love them, when in fact you do.. What would you be trying to protect them from?

Hope this makes sense

x x x x x

ReputationRep:
    He is in love with someone else and you're trying not to interfer and hurt him because you love him so much.

He's leaving to live in a different country and you don't want to comlicate things.

You're scared of what could happen.

ReputationRep:
    I like the 3rd one maybe.... I've kinda written myself into a corner lol... What if you were already together? xx

ReputationRep:
    If you're together it could be because you find it hard to express your feelings. Maybe you've cheated / done something and you feel guilty so you can't say it.

ReputationRep:
    ooooh guilt... i never thought of that actually! lol... thanks x x x

ReputationRep:
    - You're scared of rejection
    - You know that you are not good enough for them, and they would be miserable with you
    - You are a dangerous person (Eg: involved in crime) and they would be in danger if they were with you
    - You know it wouldn't last. (Eg: You have to go off to war, you are dying, etc...) and you would just end up bringing you both sadness and sorrow when it ended.
    - It is forbidden/taboo (Eg: you are gay and you love someone of the same sex but your family would disown you if they found out).

etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutie Xx)
    I need help guys.... I've started a romantic kinda short story and iv let it get away from me.... and now i have totally no idea how to take it forward... I need an idea as to why you would tell someone you didnt love them, when in fact you do.. What would you be trying to protect them from?

Hope this makes sense

x x x x x
    Ok so it goes like this yea? He may be feeling guilty about something he has done to his ex partner like maybe he killed her and people had thought it was an accident. and he'd got away with it. then he meets a new partner and the same old feelings come back to him. he feels guilty about what he has done to his ex. He wants to say he loves this person but does not want the same thing to happen again? Oh i dont know.lol. but good luck xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.